https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2015/10/lightwave-philosophy/

Thank you, Rob and Team!!!!

ernpchan
10-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Sorry Dillon. Jboudreau beat you. :hey:

There's already a sticky for this.

Dillon
10-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Oops. I never look at the stickies. Oh well! Cheers!

madno
10-02-2015, 11:39 PM
"Over the next few weeks and months we will continue to elaborate on LightWave development ..."

Hopefully 2016 it is not sometimes in a far far far future.

:caffeine: _ :sleeping: _ :caffeine: _ :sleeping: _ :caffeine: _ :sleeping: _ :caffeine: ...

:gotpics: ?

:beta: ?

DCjr
10-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Awesome! I already shared it on my Facebook page!

prometheus
10-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Great..will have that as a firefox tab next to the other lightwave pages I got as tabs.

Michael

JamesCurtis
10-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Put a Bookmark in my browser to check regularly too. Now we just need it to have regular updates.

Dan Ritchie
10-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Architectural changes are the most stressful, but at least they have a comic book.

rcallicotte
10-05-2015, 01:37 PM
So...who are these users or will we ever know?

"Another thing that I considered very important was to add several experienced LightWave users to the team who came from various different backgrounds and to integrate them directly into the software development process." - Rob Powers (via this new wonderful blog)

hrgiger
10-05-2015, 01:45 PM

"Another thing that I considered very important was to add several experienced LightWave users to the team who came from various different backgrounds and to integrate them directly into the software development process." - Rob Powers (via this new wonderful blog)

Matt Gorner and Lino Grandi being the most visible ones.

rcallicotte
10-05-2015, 01:52 PM
hrgiger, okay. I was thinking there might be some top secret people lurking in the shadows who might remain nameless. Or not. :)

"...several experienced Lightwave users..."

jeric_synergy
10-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Jen Hachigian.

prometheus
10-06-2015, 07:21 AM

Just as they do a good job..I donīt need to see their faces..hehe.
I am curious though, to what extension these users need additional programming skills?...or is it just their experience and user skills that works as a testing playground? and maybe that is the way it fitīs with the collaboration with the others in the team?

allabulle
10-06-2015, 08:08 AM
Jennifer Hachigian besides being a LightWave artist was responsible for pipeline integration using mostly python if I remember it correctly. There's even a couple plugins by her in the Assets page at lightwave3d.com . Her expertise in TV production combined with technical and programming skills is a good thing if she has to communicate with developers. She understands what coding is and knows what's expected from that code.

By the way, I hope I'm remembering well all the above since I didn't double check it. There's videos from SIGGRAPH and the LALUG to prove me wrong.

Anyway, she's a good example and I for one am so glad she's there helping to taylor LightWave to make it ready for the demanding scenarios like the ones she's been dealing in her career.

kolby
10-06-2015, 08:29 AM
...or is it just their experience and user skills that works as a testing playground? and maybe that is the way it fitīs with the collaboration with the others in the team?

I think they are there to tell the coders how features should work from a user point of view and to be understandable for users without math-phys colleges.

DogBoy
10-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Jennifer Hachigian besides being a LightWave artist was responsible for pipeline integration using mostly python if I remember it correctly.

Anyway, she's a good example and I for one am so glad she's there helping to taylor LightWave to make it ready for the demanding scenarios like the ones she's been dealing in her career.

I think _was_ is the operative word. According to her LinkedIn profile she left in December. Pity.
Another example of LW users turned LW dev is James Willmott

allabulle
10-06-2015, 07:57 PM
And Lino and Matt too.