PDA

View Full Version : screamernet not saving...

meshmaster
12-07-2003, 02:30 PM
I finally have a network that's big enough to start messing with net rendering... and I followed some tutorials, but it's not working right for some reason... I have the LWSN working in bat files on all the render nodes, and when I do a Screamer Render, they all go and do their thing, but nothing is being saved in the shared directory.... what's wrong? The job files save... and I can do a normal render that saves to the shared folders, but for some reason it seems that lwsn is not actually rendering even though it's going through all the steps that it should and shows those steps.... I'm totally confused where the renders are going if they are not going to the place that I specified in render options... they seem to just be dissappearing or something?

Tom Wood
12-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey mesh,

When this was happening to me, I discovered that you -must- save the scene, including the render options settings that you make just before you tell SN to render it. Otherwise it gets confused and acts like it is rendering, but since the settings weren't saved, it sends them to the ether.

TW

meshmaster
12-08-2003, 04:36 AM
That worked!!! It really is bizzaro that it looks like it works but doesn't before you save the scene... I'm doing a test render of one scene right now... Do you know if you have to save all the scenes that you want to render if you do a batch render with screamernet or is it just one scene that will be scene number one that you add to the list that needs to be saved to initialize the screamernet to get ready to render? I have no real need to do batch renders now, but do think that screamernet will make life a lot easier... it's so cool being able to utilize all 3 of my computers to render now! Maybe I'll be able to talk my girlfriend in to keeping her computer on and being another node for me since her pc is in the same room here and is faster than mine (new pc that she just bought a couple of months ago) :)

Tom Wood
12-08-2003, 06:26 AM
Great!

I would think that all scenes need to be saved because it appears to be going to the file on disk to get its rendering information.

TW

anieves
12-08-2003, 08:57 AM
I was going to post a new thread but since this one is already created and is related...

anyway, my problem is that I have 2 dual computers now in the farm each processor has its own batch file and they all are initialized successfully and all seem to be rendering but only 2 of the 4 (the ones in the master machine) are actually saving. So I'm getting a bunch of skipped frames because the 2 from the second machine are not saving the finished rendered file.

Any suggestions?