PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeeelllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

cusis
03-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Im very new to LW7 and i have only had it a few days, and throught the whole of the internet including this site there isnt a tutorial or real guide to what each tool does or how to use it (modeller) and (layout).

Im begging that someone covers this PLEASEEEEEEEE!!

And create it from a newbie point of view so they understand.

I know this may be alot to ask but, myself and others would be forever gratefull.

Thank all the best guys.. oh btw your got some awsome stuff on here...KEEP IT UP!!!

all the best :D

colkai
03-06-2003, 01:32 PM
To be honest,
I don't think there many, (if any), folks out there who know "what every tool does".
Best bet, sit down and read through the manuals, though I'll grant that tutorials in them are not easy found, or, to be honest, much help.
Get hold of a Dan Ablan book, or the "LW applied" books. Also, visit Flay.com and of course newtek, for helpful tutorials on the basics.
There is a wealth of info out there, such as at http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/

Trust me LW is a lot easier to learn than some other packages ...honest ;)

cusis
03-06-2003, 03:34 PM
hmmmm, thanks for the advice.

but i think that if there was some way of gettin the pros to create a free and easy to access guide to the tools, it would help people like my self massively.

anyway thank alot tho :)

bakasaru
03-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Aside from tutorials, we can maybe hope for improved documentation in future releases.

hrgiger
03-06-2003, 04:16 PM
If you've only had LW7 for a few days, then trust me, there is no need to know what every tool does. That will come with time. I've been using LW for about a year and a half, I don't know what a lot of the tools are quite yet, but I can still model, texture, animate, and render.
If you just got LW7, then didn't you get all the training materials that came with it? Colkai is right, you need to read your manual, not the whole thing right away or anything but it's great to refer to.
I think the best approach is to actually have something in mind, and just learn the tools as you need to use them. You shouldn't be trying to learn everything at once.

Sam_Horton
03-06-2003, 05:09 PM
This is one of the most comprehensive tutorials on lightwaves modeling tools that I have ever seen. I've ben using LW for a while now and I learned several new things just from reading each section!

modeling tutorial (http://www.suture.net/tutorials/modeling/)

Digital_red
03-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey Cusis youíre just down the road from me. Where in Bournemouth do you live?

Iím by no means a Lightwave expert, but Ive been using it professionally/semi professionally for 2 Ĺ years now. It always a learning process.
If you throw some petrol money my way, I could pop by some time and tutor you in the basics.