PDA

View Full Version : metamesh 3rd powers

vonpietro
09-30-2015, 09:59 PM
anyone use this plug in - can tell me some tips for using it?

also heatshrink tips

all from 3rd powers

I've been using lw brush - and it helps speed up work flow very nicely,
wrinkle feature is really fun, i'm always trying to use that.

adk
10-01-2015, 01:17 AM
They are both very intuitive and quite self evident so I would say experiment and go nuts.

Metamesh wise - I do recall being a bit frustrated the first time I used it when trying to create a ring that had multiple part elements that I needed to fuse in quite specific locations, then boolean in specific locations.
All your bits have to be in the foreground layer as you know so this involved quite a few operations.

Later I either learned , or read, or saw, that you can simply start metamesh and select the part which intersects all your elements and presto, you can join all elements in one operation, then boolean with another.
Probably easier shown rather than explained :D

This is the end result btw, not the "easier shown" part.

vonpietro
10-01-2015, 09:39 AM
nice work

thanks thats the kind of tip i was looking for - the it's obvious but... =)

bobakabob
10-01-2015, 12:53 PM

Here's a metamesh doodle I posted a while back all done in subds... There is no native way to model this way in LW, or even Zbrush which requires objects converted to hi res dyna mesh then re topologised. Made from duplicate models Boolean both added and subtracted.
The plugin is remarkably tolerant of varying meshes though to achieve cleaner topology it really helps if the resolution is similar.