PDA

View Full Version : 2015.3 upgrade and menu transfer / screen grab of organization

jeric_synergy
09-30-2015, 07:22 PM
For some reason a lot of my 3rd party tools, most conspicuously RR_Tools, didn't get xferred in their menus neatly, despite having saved the configs expressly to ease that particular chore. :devil:

Could someone please screen grab their organization of RR_Tools and RHigget! (Free) and post the images below? I'm resigned to recreating them manually.

Thanks.

ernpchan
09-30-2015, 09:09 PM
When you say you saved your configs, do you mean you saved your menu layout out of the menu config window? That's how I move menus between versions.

Greenlaw
09-30-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't know about RR tools but my copy of RHiggit Pro came with a menu branch I can append to existing menus (right-click import). You might want to check your download of Free to see if it came with one too. Many plug-in suites come with menu branches--LW CAD immediately comes to mind (it comes with three branches.)

FYI, if you're upgrading from an earlier LightWave, you'll want to start with the Default menus and customize from there, otherwise you'll be missing many newer tools from your menus. Avoid older menu presets like Studio Production Style--this one, for example, is like 10 years old and the menus are not nearly up-to-date. (IMO, the old menu presets should be removed from the Configure Menus UI--they only exist to confuse users.)

G.

jeric_synergy
10-01-2015, 12:09 AM
ernpchan: I saved the menus and keys from their editors from my trial copy before installing the final version.

GL: I guess I could go that way.... I may need to reregister RR_Tools, because just now they all came up ghosted. With RHigget! (Free) I'm a bit confused. I thought saving the m&k configs would make this easier but....

Screw it: I'm not going to need this before tomorrow night anyway!!! :) Tnx all.

ernpchan
10-01-2015, 01:24 AM
ernpchan: I saved the menus and keys from their editors from my trial copy before installing the final version.

OK, as long as all the plugins you have were part of your menu when you saved your menu layout you should be OK. If they weren't then you're just saving out vanilla LW menus. I know I've done that when I forgot to scan my 3rd party plugins first.