PDA

View Full Version : Bones deforming, not visible on Laptop

jeremydk
09-27-2015, 04:58 AM
the bones are messed up and not visible in any scene loaded from any other machine.
All are I7 intel. no AMD issue.
Tried as one core only and hyperthreading off.
Lenovo w540 lap with Quadro K1100m and intergrated intel gfx. Tried both.
Kinect/Genoma skeletons are also messed up.

Any suggestions?

lightscape
09-27-2015, 05:11 AM
So after posting this
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148219-New-pricing-model&p=1446246&viewfull=1#post1446246

You got into trouble and ask for help. I think lightwave just bit your ***. :D

Try the bone display properties in layout. or post the scene without the mesh.

jeremydk
09-27-2015, 05:27 AM
scene works fine on other macines. Bones made on this machine works fine. But loaded on to this laptop from anywere it will mess up the bones. Tried 2015 and Lw 11.6.2/3. Went through all thinkable bones settings...even though it should just load the scene as it was saved on another machine.
It has definitly something to do with this machines components that does not agree with LW. It's very bizare.
Yes. i asked for help....i am still a valued paying customer :D
It's my god given right to complain ;)

EDIT: It's all scenes. Even scenes i made ten years ago. I just need some suggetions on how/what to troubleshoot.
EDIT2: Noticed that the camera input/viewport is grey. Nothing. Focal lenght is 0.0. If i change camera i get the scene in the viewport but i still can't change the focal lenght to anything but 0.0....as i said...bizare.

jeremydk
09-27-2015, 05:48 AM
also i can't make a key in the graph editor.....and what is that value ?!

This laptop has someserious processing issues

RebelHill
09-27-2015, 05:53 AM
I suspect its your graphics hardware/driver. On my laptop I can switch between a basic graphics hardware (some crap) and an nvidia chip. On the basic one, LW is screwy display wise, on the nvidia, its fine.

jeremydk
09-27-2015, 07:45 AM
i thought so at first but since i can not even make a keyframe i suspect other. I tried LW on both cards in the lap. They behave excactly the same. I will see if i can have a chance to try on a similar machine to see it it behaves same way.

I suspect its your graphics hardware/driver. On my laptop I can switch between a basic graphics hardware (some crap) and an nvidia chip. On the basic one, LW is screwy display wise, on the nvidia, its fine.

Skywatcher_NT
09-27-2015, 11:15 AM
If I remember well it has to do with a windows setting of the characters ( keyboard ?).
' . ' are seen as ' , ' in the configs and scene files due to this.
Had this problem once and typical was also the camzoom at value 0.0 and other strange behaviour.
Hope this helps. I think there is a thread of this still ( but it's oooold ... )

Skywatcher_NT
09-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Here's a link. It's not the original thread but it's about the same problem.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?141121-Open-up-my-scene-in-another-computer-and-my-camera-is-ruined-LW-11-6-2&highlight=keyboard+settings+windows

jeremydk
09-28-2015, 12:08 AM
Skywatcher. I owe you a beer. PM me your address and it's on the way.
Just changed the locale from Danish to US and everything looks fine. I use Danish on my other systems so whats the difference....? I think i got it...This particular machine has a Win7 EN with a MUI on top. My other installations are just EN versions with locale set to Denmark.
Small snag though...i have to have danish locale but i could make a script that changes locale when LW runs i guess.

If I remember well it has to do with a windows setting of the characters ( keyboard ?).
' . ' are seen as ' , ' in the configs and scene files due to this.
Had this problem once and typical was also the camzoom at value 0.0 and other strange behaviour.
Hope this helps. I think there is a thread of this still ( but it's oooold ... )

jeremydk
09-29-2015, 02:49 AM
well, The celebration was short. It will NOT work in LW2015 :(