PDA

View Full Version : Every time I load a 1 frame rtv into CG as a backround, its unstable..help

ken07
12-07-2003, 09:09 AM
I saved some video as single frames as an rtv. I drag into the cg as a backround, directly from the file bin. When I go to output button...the still becomes unstable with edge motion and blurred some...can video clips be used in VT3 for backround? thank you

Jim Capillo
12-07-2003, 09:14 AM
What happens if you put that clip on the TEDit timeline? Does it still shake/blur there?

If so, you might have to pick a more stable frame to freeze. You can also try saving it in another format (jpg, png, etc.)

ken07
12-07-2003, 09:30 AM
NO, that's the wierd part. I have a camera hooked to a TBC and I grab a rock solid frame, then capture as 1 frame rtv. Its rock solid on the timeline and when I drag it into the cg edit box, it looks good in there. when I add titles and try to output to video (in the lower left hand corner where you can send the image to the monitor or VT vision)...the frame takes on somekind of movement. It looks similar to when you have an unstable frame captured from a TBC ...grabbed from a video with motion...that has the jitters.
I do not have any of the VT3 upgrades due to their current problems.

Jim Capillo
12-07-2003, 10:21 AM
That is weird. You might try sending the camera directly into the VT, capturing some footage and then selecting and saving your frame..... in other words, eliminate your TBC. Is the TBC genlocked to the VT?

I'm only guessing, not being there - but that's something I've done a ton of times with no problems.

Again, you might also try saving the still in another format.

BTW, the VT[3] upgrade is a world apart from [2]. It is very stable and well worth the money just from the new features implemented.

ken07
12-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks Jim. I will try another format. Ken

bradl
12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Check out the different methods discussed for capturing a frame:
Saving Screenshots as JPG (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13800)
Still Capture From Capture Panel (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9031)