PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey'able script: "Toggle ALL CHannels"?

jeric_synergy
09-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Usually if I want to turn off a few channels, I want to turn them all off. 9 clicks. Bah.

Asagi seems to have something w/a requester, errrr, dialog (I am an ex-Amiga owner), but really, ONE click to toggle them all (or, since that is often difficult, due to determining state issues, just ALL ON or ALL OFF) would be preferable.

Anyone know of such a script?

ernpchan
09-17-2015, 09:32 PM
What do you mean by turn off all the channels?

jeric_synergy
09-17-2015, 09:45 PM
The equivalent to disabling XYZ/HPB/SSS. --Repetitive, clicky stuff really annoys me. Things like, entering the same value into dialogs thrice, over and over.

In this case, I just want to make sure I don't accidentally change a value and set a keyframe. I'd REALLY like ef_StaticChannel to be able to be applied to all channels of an item at once, but I've been assured by very competent people that this is not possible. (Somethings just don't need to ever move.) Similar to how AE operates.

EDIT: that was a little disjointed. My back is bothering me. Carry on....

ernpchan
09-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Ah you mean the channel buttons in the lower left.

Yeah, you can make something via scripting. Look up axis locks.

jeric_synergy
09-17-2015, 10:32 PM
And here it is (used LScript commander)-- thanks for the noodge!:

@warnings
@name ToggleAll Chnnls

generic
{
MoveTool();
EnableXH();
EnableYP();
EnableZB();
RotateTool();
EnableXH();
EnableYP();
EnableZB();
StretchTool();
EnableXH();
EnableYP();
EnableZB();
}

ernpchan
09-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Congrats!

Now here's a challenge for you. Make a UI that lets you set the channel states for multiple selected items. Let's just say that I know it's possible. ;)

jeric_synergy
09-17-2015, 11:56 PM
I'll look into it... meanwhile, everybody, my script leaves Layout in SIZE mode, the least used mode. Add another "MoveTool(): " before the final right bracket to be left in Move mode.

--I was disappointed that the automatic "LScript to Python" converter failed even on this script, and scripts really don't get much simpler-- it's batting 1.000, or 0.0000, for me so far. :cry:

FWIW, I mapped this function to SHIFT+T, since it was unused. Mnemonic= "Toggle".