PDA

View Full Version : IP TV is here and is only going to grow

TPUC
09-17-2015, 02:53 PM
My request is this. We run a 100% Fiber to the home network, ALL IP based TV, Internet , Phone. Our set top boxes decode MPEG TS Multicast streams. I wish the TriCaster could out put this format with out having to use 3rd party decoders. We currently use a Teradek Cube encoders and they work great it is just extra cost for us.

Radio_TVPat1982
09-18-2015, 06:42 AM
I have been thinking the same thing for a while now. Eventually most households will have Fiber in the way that most households now have high speed internet. Might take another 10 years but the next generation of home internet should be fast enough to power all your internet devices. The thought of a "cable" company years from now will probably be a lot different than we think today.

Already devices like smart TVs, Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire Sticks are changing the game. I love being able to stream ESPN 3 games to my TV and watch them in HD. Many of which are produced by a Tricaster. Another trend that should be common soon is internet access in cars. I imagine there will be a time you can take you car out and park it for a tailgate and access a game, from your cars built in high speed connection. May still be years away but closer than most of us think.

If Newtek can continue to integrate with the new technology, they can turn a lot of the popular "webcasters" in to legit media powerhouses. News, sports and entertainment will be limitless soon.