PDA

View Full Version : Genoma destroy my work again.

OFF
09-17-2015, 03:34 AM
Genoma destroy my work again.
I'm working on a small project - two characters pay golf.
Both were equipped with a Genoma rig. Everything worked well. Untill one day when i open a scene - settings of character rigs has turned bad - his hands began to live an independent life, not respoting to commands, deforming joints was horrible, etc.
I had to create a different scene, make a new rig for this character (this time a used RHRiggit plugin). Several days i restorted the animation for character and then upload it to the scene with the second character. But after reloading the scene now the second character went on the same way as the first - he suffered the same fate.
Scene file with broken Genoma rig in attachments.

magiclight
09-18-2015, 02:37 AM
If it worked one day and not the next without you making any changes to the scene (or any objects), updating Lightwave or something else it is pretty weird.
But, software has one thing going for it, it always does the same thing so it should not happen, it is almost always because something has changed, otherwise it would do the same thing every time you open the scene.

If on the other hand you saved it one day and next time you open it you get problems I could understand it but maybe that is what you mean, backups, backups, backups, do them all the time and lots of them, yeah I know that does not help much now.

You said it happend "again", have you had the same problem before ?

Sorry, can't help you with what is wrong with your rig, I have not used Genoma enough to be of any help there.

Hail
09-18-2015, 04:34 AM
Your scene opens fine here, 2015.1
Didn't change a thing.
Try cleaning up your configs to see if it helps, if you haven't done that already.

Hail
09-18-2015, 04:37 AM
I think I should add that I don't have any plugins installed.

RebelHill
09-18-2015, 04:42 AM
The problem is you tried to put 2 genoma rigs in the same scene together... it doesnt work.

Ryan Roye
09-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Have you seen this video? It talks about how to get around the issues with expression naming that can crop up when using multiple Genoma rigs that contain expressions. To be absolutely clear, this is NOT a problem with genoma, this is a problem with Lightwave expressions, so this applies regardless of what rigging methods you prefer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJNg0QiRpko

OFF
09-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Thank you all for answers and ideas. But while nothing works - either reinstall the program or removing configuration files.
By the way - in the 11.6 version of the LW the scene works without problems.