PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 2015 email question

lwaddict
09-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know why Lightwave is depicted visually as being run from an iPad in the email ads they keep sending out?

Is this possible?

Vong
09-22-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't see LW being depicted as running on an iPad.

The top image is a Wacom Intuos Pro, with the drawing area replaced with a screenshot.

The bottom image is a tablet (could be an iPad), but it doesn't look like it's running LW. It looks more like it's running some kind of 3D viewer. If that app exists from LW3DG, that's news to me!

There are apps and programs that you can run on tablets and desktops/laptops that allow you to control the desktop/laptop from the tablet, but doing so isn't always the best.

Of course the image on that tablet could be using one of the afore mentioned apps, and it's center cropping it (showing just the center portion of the landscape screen).

wesleycorgi
09-22-2015, 06:48 PM
I run LW from a Surface 3 with no problems.

Vong
09-22-2015, 07:27 PM
I don't consider the Surface (3+)/Surface Pro to be true tablets. They're more of a laptop shoved into a tablet body! :D More traditionally, a tablet runs iOS or Android (or even Windows RT, if you want to bring in earlier Surface models).

I would love to get a Surface or Surface Pro, just need to find a job first! :D

wesleycorgi
09-22-2015, 09:44 PM
I agree the Surface is more than a tablet (I have the regular not the Pro). I gave my iPad to my son because it is just not that useful.