PDA

View Full Version : Weight maps and UVs, animatable or not?

Farhad_azer
09-16-2015, 06:43 AM
Hello everybody,

Could these params be keyed? can I have points with zero value for their weights that changes during time? what about UVs?

In my na´ve guess I thought morphing will help me but it did not about weight map. if I can derive weight map via texture then it will be possible. is there such a process?

Thanks in advance.

probiner
09-16-2015, 08:18 AM
UV Morphing: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?85719-Fun-with-Nodes-UV-morphing
As for the weights only if you are using them in a nodal enviorment, you can interpolate between any.

jeric_synergy
09-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Not sure what you're going for here, but don't get trapped into thinking "Weight Map" per se: it's all just numbers, and very likely some alternate route is available, especially via nodes.

I'm guessing you want a numeric value associated with any/all points, but you want it animated. That's a good question: I personally don't know if you can UV map an animated texture in such a way that, eg, the gray level is stuck to the vertices-- in this case the gray level is standing in for the actual Weight Map value. (Which would work, assuming you only needed positive values.)

I'll be interested in the answer: if you figure it out yourself, don't forget to come back and post the solution.