PDA

View Full Version : SplineControl not respecting modeler spline deformation or displacement

rustyippolito
09-16-2015, 03:40 AM
I am in LW2015.2. I have been trying to build a spline in modeler, then bring it into Layout as a SplineControl spline. But i cannot deform the spline in any way (bones/displacement/mdd) and have SplineControl respect the deformation. If anyone knows if this is possible, please throw me a bone because i have been at this all day and gotten nowhere.

Farhad_azer
09-16-2015, 07:26 AM
to deform a spline via displacement for example you should first convert it to poly but if you don't want that then you can simply add spline control in deform tab and then activate spline control under the modify menu and push/pull points. very simple and animatable.

prometheus
09-16-2015, 09:28 AM
isnīt curve to spline working?

no need to convert to poly, just create your spline in modeler, send it to layout, it will be invisible unless adding show curve as item..but no real need for that.
go to setup tab/edit/curve to spline

open scene editor and pick the nodes from there and move or rotate, they are located under the spline, so expand that item in the scene edtior, or with the spline selected..switch to bones to show the nodes.

Ah..I must have read your question wrong...seems you just canīt get it to deform the object? though you had issues controlling the curve.
check lightwave3d youtube page and splinecontrol tutes.

jeric_synergy
09-16-2015, 10:23 AM
1) Upgrade to 2015.3, unless you've a compelling reason.

2) I almost forgot that now 'native' splines are supported in SC. To test deformation, make an ENDOMORPH of your spline in LWM, and check to see that the spline can be morphed via Morph Mixer.