PDA

View Full Version : Combining Spline Control and "Convert Skelegons"

jeric_synergy
09-12-2015, 09:17 PM
I created a spline extrusion, and then using the same spline used Convert Skelegons to generate skelegons that conformed to the shape of the extrusion.

Exported to Layout and, using the same spline, created a Spline Control object. Then I converted the skelegons to bones and applied Spline Control to these bones.

On activation, the distortion to the object is as pictured:
Is this about what could reasonably be expected? Or am I missing the boat somewhere, or possibly just some more work needs to be done?

MonroePoteet
09-13-2015, 11:43 AM
It looks like the Spline created in Layout may be flipping on the bank channel. You might have luck selecting all the child nodes of the Spline Control and setting their bank channel to "Spline Control" in the Motion panel's "Controllers and Limits" tab. This causes them to align to their parent Spline.

As well, your rail-extruded mesh is substantially more dense than the number of skelegons / bones you created using Convert Skelegons. After the Rail Extrude in Modeler, you might Freeze the spline to populate more points along it, Kill the created polygon, select all points and CTRL-P to create a more densely populated curve for creating the skelegons / bones and the Spline Control in Layout.

mTp