PDA

View Full Version : I am impressed with lightwavers !!!

rednova
09-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Hi all:

After some thought, I am impressed with the lightwavers online here.
Is a great community of people with similar interests.
I can ask a question about wonder woman fx, modeling or animating, worley plugins, or anything art related.
And I always get a great answer, which really helps me.
I love lightwave...and I love all lightwavers !!!
Thank you all !!!

Snosrap
09-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Thanks! it feels good to be appreciated. :):):)

Davewriter
09-12-2015, 09:18 PM
+1 :)

erikals
09-13-2015, 02:28 AM
agree, LightWavers Rock! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif

Areyos Alektor
09-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Yes, as I like say the LightWave community is the best plugins :)

alexs3d
09-14-2015, 02:31 AM
my day starts with a coffee and reading through the forumthreads ;) we have an awesome community

ianr
09-14-2015, 08:07 AM
You have been using that ' hug-an-app' plugin, we can tell!

Wade
09-14-2015, 08:40 AM
my day starts with a coffee and reading through the forumthreads ;) we have an awesome community

caught me at said same. :)

Shawn Farrell
09-14-2015, 10:52 AM
We are from another dimension! We are here to help! :newtek::lwicon::newtek::lwicon::newtek::lwicon::D

tyrot
09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
we are the family ..you should have seen this place 10 years ago... that was the family

Farhad_azer
09-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Thank you so much. I am not a Lightwaver yet but I will be.

I am like the fellow who said that morning starts with cup of coffee and reading threads. the difference is that my morning starts with Lightwave itself and cup of tea.

Keep rocking Lightwavers.

Waves of light
09-15-2015, 10:16 AM
It's what makes this forum tick. Ask and you will receive.

Hotte
09-16-2015, 09:32 PM
Thats sounds very good.

rcallicotte
09-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Agreed. A reliable bunch here. Easy to find just about anything.

Luc_Feri
09-19-2015, 06:48 AM
I hope to be more involved hopefully soon. Gots lots of plans. No longer will my 3d efforts be abused by baseless promises and non payment for my abilities. I have just spent 6 months using 3dsMax and V-ray for first time and surpassed people who have used the software for a decade. I surpassed them because I understand the fundamentals of 3D and they are one trick ponies rehashing materials, woeful topological 3D models from sketchup and suppliers, cut and paste vray materials and just using my old scene light setups over and over. I understand the importance of speed and efficiency in reusing things but when they are stumped on what to do or how to tackle a challenge they don't know the answers and always fall back on me. Well I'm just a poor freelancer who let people take the plaudits for my own talents.

V-Ray materials over and over , simple, simple, all the same. To bring materials to life, add a fall off curve in the reflection slot, set it to fresnel reflections IOR, and use the mix curve to fine tune control. There rinse repeat over, break it up with dirt, noise maps and blend/mix materials. Theres a few hints if you like V-Ray. :)

Anyway enough of that.

I upgraded a while back last month to 2015. I now have Octane Render and have put Modo to bed. I learnt a ton in Modo but never thought it was as intuitive and conducive to do advanced work and get past the crashes and instability or over engineered tasks.

I now have the experience to say Lightwave is the most simplest and intuitive software of all three LW, 3dsMax and Modo. End of story, end of. Modeler has all the tools I need along with LWCAD there is NOTHING I can't do in LW that I can in 3ds Max or Modo aside sculpting, for which I would use Zbrush anyway. Dynamics in LW, especially 2015 is the most simplest and easiest thing to start testing and experiment ever.

Some say LW UI is dull. I say because everything is text based then everything is self explanatory and makes sense. The pdf Manual is SUPERB!!, concise to the point to enable you to play and experiment and have fun.

I watched LW GURU, and he was spot on about his philosophy on 3D. Garbage in, Garbage out. Computer is not stupid, the artist is failure, making excuses for wanting everything to be on a simple plate for them without hardly any effort or no proper understanding of 3D fundamentals.

LW is a superb tool and I myself are fed up with listening to people who dissmiss LW when they haven't a clue. The only thing left is to praise this community for digging in and producing great work over and over despite the doubts. I am determined more than ever to showcase LW to it's fullest modern potential, I will give this my heart.

Despite the fact I haven't posted here for a while I always lurked. Thanks all for your posts and contributions that have kept me interested over the last year while working in the industry using 3dsMax.

Cheers!!