PDA

View Full Version : Layout: Scene Editor: one-BUTTON "Expand child items-recursive)" ??

jeric_synergy
09-12-2015, 05:19 PM
In the SE there is a RMB menu that allows you to "Expand child items (recursive)", revealing all child items in the SE display.

However, that's a MENU, and Menus Are Slow (a phrase that should be tattooed on every developers' hands) and even worse, it's a sub-menu, Which Is Even Slower.

Is there a way to get a ONE BUTTON "Expand child items (recursive)" command? I see nothing on the Assets page under "expand" or "Scene Editor", and the action generates no output in LSscript Commander. :(

:cry:

ernpchan
09-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Not sure SE actions are callable.

I tried searching the python dox and didn't find anything so I'll say "no" with 99.9% confidence but seeing as how the search feature is not 100% accurate I'm more than happy to be part of the .1%

raw-m
09-13-2015, 02:47 AM
Alt-click on the little arrow.

Lewis
09-13-2015, 03:32 AM

True that's good shortcut, Sadly that's not working on multiple selected items while RMB/Expand recursive does work on multiple items.

jeric_synergy
09-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh, that's MUCH better. :thumbsup:

I'd still LIKE a button for a) selected items, and b) multiply selected items, because mouse navigation/targeting is always pretty slow for me (and seems to be getting worse, no surprise), and buttons/hotkeys are fast. (And on principle, all SE actions should be scriptable.)

Thanks VERY much, raw-m, a huge help. :bowdown: