PDA

View Full Version : Object: Gameboy

otacon
12-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Another awesome gaming sytem of old!:D

mamurphy
12-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Holy Cow!

I thought you took a picture out of my house!

Tetris is the best game EVAR!!

Those little green blocks just keep coming and coming and coming...

Seriously though, excellent work on both of your "retro" gaming sytems. I still have them both, and they both still work:D

(Mike Tyson's Punch Out is still the best boxing game ever made)

I would like to see the 'gold' Legend of Zelda cartridge done.

That would complete the blast from the past.

Melvil
12-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Another awesome one! =P Looks very convincing.

-Dave

dwburman
12-07-2003, 10:24 PM
It looks good but the sharp shadow bothers me. :rolleyes:

veljko
12-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Hi-
great gameboy:)!

What bothers me though, is the awefull (dont know if its spelled like that..:) ) blury wood texture-
please replace it with a biger resolution image:)
the image itselfe is a bit pale and grayish if you can understand what im tryng to say-

otherwise great work, and with these little modifications it can be just fantastic!:)

otacon
12-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Yea the floor looks like crap, i need to fix that. Thanks for the comments!

Niteshift
12-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Hey,

Would we be able to see a wireframe of the GB.

Thanks

Chris AKA Niteshift

otacon
12-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Heres a wire.

Niteshift
12-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Nice and Clean mesh, good job

baffero
12-13-2003, 04:37 AM
wow the gameboy looks amazing!!

can you tell a thing or two about HOW you have made it:

- which tools??
- which steps you took??

otacon
12-13-2003, 12:30 PM
I started out by making a box with the right dimensions, and with smooth edges like the gameboy has. Then i had to make the lower part where the sides curve down. That was time consuming...i had to copy the polys on the corner of the gameboy and then make a spline with the right amount of curve....then i rail extruded the corner poly along the spline and i had to mirror it to the other side, and connect the polys in between. A lot of the other stuff was made using the drill tool....all the cracks, words, button holes and stuff like that. The start buttons are capsules that have been stretched down thin to look right. For the green part of the screen i drilled a box shape into the top of the gameboy, and smooth shifted it down about .25in. and then i made a poly with all the points on top to make the clear screen. Making stuff like this and the nes really helps my modeling skills, and ive learned a lot of new tecniques.:)

otacon
12-13-2003, 12:35 PM
heres a shot with a game being played.:D

sKb875
12-15-2003, 05:54 PM
Hehe cool.
Looks so real... :D

baffero
12-16-2003, 03:56 AM
I've been trying out some things for myself. I made a basic box added polys with the knif tool and then subpatched it. After moving some points around I got the basic shape, but the problem is that adding details to a subpatched shape is very difficult. I cant get the desired result while using boolean subtraction and drill tool.

does anybody have any tips??

thanks

otacon
12-16-2003, 11:44 AM
It would probably be easier if you didnt subpatch it, then you would be able to add all the details. But if its in subpatch mode and the basic shape is done, you could freeze it by hitting ctrl+d, then you would be able to drill and boolean.....just an idea.

baffero
12-17-2003, 02:51 AM
it works with control+d

you used splines instead of a subpatched shape, and said that adding detail is then easier. Your advice is to still use splines instead of a frozen subpatch?: because I can now also add details.

thanks

otacon
12-17-2003, 10:12 AM
It was easier for me to not use a frozen subpatch. I only used a spline for one part, and i used it for a rail extrude. It might be just as easy to use a frozen subpatch, but i never thought of doing that at the time. Thats whats great about lightwave, all the different ways to do one thing.:D