PDA

View Full Version : No Handler - Render Farm Issue

Stian
09-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Hello, quick question about using LW in a render farm.

Whenever I start my scene I get "No Master Handler plugin found" and I can choose to ignore all, or press search for.

The issue is I fear this may prevent the render nodes from rendering, am going to use Amazon. Is there a way to locate all external plugins used in a scene, and remove them/disable them?

ernpchan
09-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Is there a way to locate all external plugins used in a scene, and remove them/disable them?

Not sure you'd wanna do that as your scene may be relying on them. Does it say what plug-in it can't find? Sounds like a config issue.

Soth
09-13-2015, 01:26 AM
hi,

It definitely looks like configuration issue. You could make network LigthWave installation so it would be possible to troubleshoot scene on the nodes (this approach is very helpful).

There is very good video guide you could use to set up ScreamerNet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDCHhdwX3Eo Alternatively you could use Butterfly Net Render that have very useful wizard to prepare all the nodes without unnecessary struggle. Paid version is quite cheap and it works great with LightWave. Regarding the Amazon side, I recommend this video https://vimeo.com/103860753

Personally I do not think that Amazon EC is the solution if you want to save money... very useful if you want to learn Technical Directing, maybe, but if you want to get your renders done quickly and cheaply using GarageFarm.NET is the way to go. :D

Amazon will not give you the price, the software and free 24/7 support of people that are very experienced in network rendering and the LightWave. Our support is something that we are very proud of, and that is of the highest value. I am sure many here will agree :)

OnlineRender
09-13-2015, 05:37 AM
I rendered at home the other night , never again ... garagefarm all the way , cheap as chips and 100x faster than anything I could build or purchase.

Stian
09-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Thank you Guys, Garagefarm it is, and the issue was the original scene used LW 11.6.1 and the one I opened it in was 11.5.1 which caused the error.