PDA

View Full Version : chronosculpt unstable

glasseyevfx
09-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Greetings,

I'd been looking at a shotsculpting solution for while and when I found chronosculpt I thought I had it sorted but it appears I'm wrong. I've been using it for a few weeks on the trial and I was getting some work out even though the program felt unfinished. I have a small facility with several seats and was hoping this might be a way to start stepping away from a stagnant autodesk but it seems worse than a few gui shortfalls. Now the work I have done on a model and a cache will not open as a chronosculpt file nor as the cache it output. I have another week left on the trial, please tell me I'm wrong and there is a of getting back the work I seem to have lost. I had been going from maya obj with cache as .xml file per frame to chronosculpt, saving, editing, output as .xml single file to maya to render. That had been working. now nothing works and there is no error checking to explain why. Has anyone else found an accumulated error on a sculpt or the program.

- - - Updated - - -

the error I get when opening a file is - " A critical error has occurred, create a crash report?"

jasonwestmas
09-08-2015, 08:51 AM
I would give the alembic abc format a try, it's very good inside of maya and it was reliable in my experience when using CS. I'm not sure exactly what the issue could be with objs and xml however.

glasseyevfx
09-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply - I'll give alembic a try but the xml was working - not in single file mode but was in file per frame. What has me pissed is the .csa files of previous edits won't open. I'm in rant mode - chronosculpt could be a handy little program but its hardly new technology - shot sculpting was used on the mumakils in Rings in what 2002 - 2003. New Tek need to rethink the price tag

jasonwestmas
09-08-2015, 06:54 PM
yup I believe recall reporting that bug with obj and csa files. It doesn't happen with abc files. Also make sure you are using the latest version of CS. I thought they fixed that problem but maybe they didn't