PDA

View Full Version : Has this 2015 bug been fixed already or is it still an issue?

shenhua
09-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Hi

I'm still on 11.5 and considering moving to the 2015.3

I remember when the 2015 was just freshly out it was swamped by many bugs.

One bug in particular made me worry.

Something about rendering scenes with motion blur pass and related I think to the new anti-alias technique that 2015 is using?

I can't really remember exactly what the bug was, since it was loong time ago.

But I remember that folks ended up with renders where things were transparent where they shouldn't be? and shadows were wrong passing through solid object? And things were laid on top of each other in the wrong order? Something like that.
Someone said then like "for now don't use motion blur" pass... again, IF I remember this right.

So that was like a huge bug that was making people have completely messed up renders. I am trying to recall what that was but I can't even find the bug/release thread anymore.

My question is. What is the current state of 2015 in 2015.3 version? Have the biggest bugs like that nasty render bug been ironed out?

Thanks for any information on that.

lertola2
09-07-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't know if this is what you are talking about or not but in March 2014 I reported a bug where Photoreal motion blur does not work on instances on the Mac. (https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?72274_78f5kfnrkcuodmoj). The bug has been marked as closed by Newtek but it still seems not to be fixed in 2015.3 as far as I can tell.

shenhua
09-07-2015, 12:33 PM
It's sad to hear that the bug you mentioned still persists for Mac.

Sadly this isn't the bug I was looking for, since the one I am after would be happening on PC (and not sure about Mac).

Thanks for your input and effort to try to identify it, nevertheless.

shenhua
09-07-2015, 01:22 PM
So I dug up this thread, that explains the bug I was talking about:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144555-Realistic-Motion-Blur-Issue-LW-2015

There was like a big bug thread where they had many much more detailed examples, but this is basically the bug I am asking about. So has this been fixed already or still being bugged? Anyone?