PDA

View Full Version : Unsolicited "this thing rocks" endorsement for RHigget.

Spinland
09-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Okay, I do like Genoma a great deal, and I've found it very useful for several production projects (mainly technical rigs). That being said, when it comes down to a lot of character animation my go to solution is RHigget. Rebel Hill's setups for things like the foot lift for walk cycles, with controllers that have the toe point already built in, have sped up my projects more than I can describe. His rigs just work, and work well, for a wide variety of meshes I've built myself or imported. If you aren't using his stuff and you are doing a lot of character animation, I have to ask: why not? :D

bobakabob
09-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Agree. I use RHigget Lite. It's fast to set up and it makes character animating in LW as close to Maya as you can get with all the benefits of Lightwave's wonderful renderer. Genoma 2 is a great update and the new biped rig is greatly improved.

One request I have is that both apps include a biped character control picker as found in Maestro. I do think it speeds up workflow.

spherical
09-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Guys.. it's "RHiggit". As in: Rig It. Tossing this in here to let the forum search find the thread.

Spinland
09-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Yikes. Good catch, thanks.

spherical
09-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Where in Upstate? I was born and grew up in Rochester. Miss it every fall.

Spinland
09-07-2015, 05:30 AM
Utica. Deerfield, actually, but have a North Utica zip code because we don't have our own post office. I lived in Monterey twice when I was in the USAF attending the Defense Language Institute, once from '79 to '80 and again from '85 to '86.

hdace
09-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Sorry to be pedantic, but it's actually "RHiggit!" Well, even RH sometimes leaves off the exclamation mark (on his product page he leaves it off at least twice, but includes it at least three times), but I love it so much I believe it's very important to always remember it!

I think Genoma's a joke compared to RHiggit!

Actually, come to think of it, so is Nevron (a joke I mean), since RHiggit! also has superior mocap retargeting. And the motion capture part of Nevron is also a joke compared to every other motion capture system in the world.

Julez4001
09-08-2015, 01:13 PM
"Rhigg it" developer says that he can't add the Character picker (Maestro) at auto rigging time because the SDK/API doesn't allow it make the calls he would need to attach it to the chosen model/character.

Spinland
Why don't you change the thread name with correct spelling.

spherical
09-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Once the thread has been created, that's it. Posts can be edited only for a very short time. Once that timer runs out, that's completely it.

ernpchan
09-08-2015, 05:18 PM
I believe a mod can change the title.

Spinland
09-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Yeah, by the time I realized I had horribly mis-spelled the name it was too late to edit the post. I really regret the error and have no excuse save I was at the end of an intense day of animating and rendering and I guess my brain was bent. I just wanted to share how freaking awesome having Rebel Hill's masterpiece in my toolbox has been these past few weeks.

SquishyAni
09-09-2015, 08:59 AM
I bought Rhiggit about a year ago. Best money ever spend vs time saved. And its all LW native, so I can go in and tweak even more over the main Rhiggit setup. With how detailed and complex Rigs need to be these days (mainly with character animation) Rhiggit gives you all the control you need and then some. I gladly add to this unsolicited plug also.