PDA

View Full Version : doh

jeric_synergy
09-05-2015, 02:38 PM
never mind....

09-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Jeric!!!

This is the post I've been waiting to reply to!!!

I'm telling you, of all people, the doh title was one I thought no one would ever use and now you have. I am enthralled at the idea of commenting to it.

I have always wondered about those guys who would post that they were leaving the lightwave fold for whatever reasons... I seem to find myself falling into that crowd. Wanting to say good bye in some way or another.

That's when I figured out why those guys were saying they were leaving: it was a heartfelt goodbye.

I am in the line for that boat. GotDam Macs in an enterprise environment just is not working. They won't give me winXX and there are no other options.

No more LWCAD; gotta do AD=AnnusDominus {Edit: this might be confusing: AD=Autodesk, really} for all their free apps; or the lil chub called Blender. {Ha, Kid last year dumped LW for Blender and won an international competition. Said, "Maybe you should teach Blender." to me. See RIT David Katter 3d animation winner}

This year, I have kids starving for LW, 2 3D printers en route along with a cnc machine and wood laser cutter/engraver, yet can't get these danm things licensed and working. 10 seats.

"Doh" is the perfect thread for my thoughts on how it is on macs. I can get no help to get 9 of ten licenses working. That's wrong: the community has tried to help, and thanks to them for doing so. Appreciate your caring for someone you have no compunction to do so for.
Newtek and the bug reporting system...another matter.

Chuckle, might as well upgrade, huh? haha
There seems to be a dearth of real-ness to the progression of 3D apps today. The advent of the 3D printer seems to have weirded out alot of the programmers such that they have stopped programming for 3D but for 3D printing. Exclude Zbrush from my rantings as... well... you know if you own it.

LW was there, has always been there and I have been dealt a bunch of macs being served Active Directory over five years. I may have hope if I just flush and fill.

Bummed out dude that folks don't do what they are supposed to when paid for said tasks,
Robert

p.s. This rant is mine and mine alone. Even though I am bitter about a few things that don't have me the above tools today.
Grrrr...
Robert at UnCommongrafx dot com for questions as to, "huh".?

jeric_synergy
09-05-2015, 04:07 PM
uhhhh, sure, go crazy guys. 8~

But it seems like you're upset with LW3dG Tech Support. Or your employer's IT. Hard to know precisely.

shrox
09-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Is that my cake out in the rain!?

Oedo 808
09-05-2015, 08:21 PM
No, it's me naked in the rain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLSGYZpsg9k).

shrox
09-05-2015, 11:11 PM
No, it's me naked in the rain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLSGYZpsg9k).

I declined to click...

Greenlaw
09-05-2015, 11:27 PM
I should have followed your example. :)

Oedo 808
09-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Sorry to disappoint ;)

jeric_synergy
09-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Well, I wondered how to simulate that metallic dress. So, there's that.

shrox
09-06-2015, 12:10 PM
I clicked and was ready to shield my eyes...