PDA

View Full Version : DataLink Macro Trigger

imryh
09-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Hello.

For our TC8000 hockey broadcasts last year, we used a separate LiveText computer to generate and populate our score bug.
The computer gets all the scoreboard data (time, score, period) from a Daktronics All-Sport CG.

The All-Sport CG also provides the LiveText/DataLink with power-play/penalty information.
However, at the beginning and end of each power play, we need to manually change the graphic in LiveText, to include the space for the power play information (that space is not generally visible in the score bug).

I've attached two screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

If we were to use TC8000 AE's built-in DataLink feature for this coming season, would there be any way to set up an automatic trigger so that when the penalty information becomes available, the score bug automatically changes, and then when the penalty ends it changes back?

Thanks.

Imry

kanep
09-03-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm not aware of any way to do this with the DataLink and Automation features built into Advanced Edition as it exists today. Both features are in there, but currently there isn't a way to have DataLink trigger an automation. It is a cool idea.

Steve add this one to the feature request list!

PIZAZZ
09-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Imry,

Are you actually moving the scorebug graphic overall or just adding in that lower drop down flag/text?
I would have to try this myself, (on a very long list) but what if you put an empty .png graphic as a sort of placeholder for the drop down flag/text. Then when the value changes into Datalink, the graphic reveals itself correctly.

I need to solve something very similar for Tennis to display Match Points, Break Points, Medical TimeOuts, etc.

A macro for this would be very helpful though, or a simple change in how Datalink's behaviour on how it handles empty fields. The key-value functionality sort of works this way. It is empty up until something is written to the value. Then that value displays. The problem is that Datalink still displays that value until a new value shoes up. I imagine that the Dak AllSport is doing a similar thing. If the AllSport would just "NOT" send something to clear that field then you would be golden.

imryh
09-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi Jeff.

To answer your questions -

1. The score bug doesn't move when a penalty starts. All we do is add that red shape background, and the text field that says something like "Power Play %DakCGHomePenalty1%". The location of the red box and text changes based on which team has the power ply. Also, the exact text changes based on which team has the power play, and if this is power play or a 4-on-4 or a 5-on-3, etc. All can easily be automated (in theory) with a algorithm/flow chart/Select Case.

2. How would your PNG idea work? Could the Datalink trigger a visible yes/no flag for the red background?

3. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Datalink doesn't send anything in the "penalty" field when there's no penalty. It doesn't keep the old information. It's just empty, I think. How does that help exactly?

Thanks.

Imry