PDA

View Full Version : HUB issues / using F12

jeric_synergy
09-01-2015, 05:28 PM
OK, I've never had much luck since 11.0 in getting LW&LWM to play nice, and use the F12 key to alternate between, which I find very desirable, without actually launching the HUB manually, or in my case, psuedo-manually via AHK.

I've been doing this successfully right up to TODAY, with 2015.n.

Now it's stopped working.

One question: is it EVER possible to toggle between using LW and LWM if the HUB is not running? Or do you just have to jump manually (using ALT+TAB)?

spherical
09-01-2015, 05:59 PM
The latter. Can't remember when I last used F12, but it was a loooong time and a number of versions ago.

jeric_synergy
09-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Any clue as to why my cludgey process might have stopped working??

jeric_synergy
09-02-2015, 12:47 AM
Mystery solved, for low values of 'solved': somehow my license got munged, I guess: I re-dl'd the Trial license from LW3dG and all is as before.

No clue why the license went bad.

JamesCurtis
09-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Maybe you had accidentally tried to run a version of LW before the Hub was closed for a session. I've done it a few times and it does mangle cofigs.

jeric_synergy
09-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Maybe you had accidentally tried to run a version of LW before the Hub was closed for a session. I've done it a few times and it does mangle cofigs.
That sounds about right. ---I hoped that the default separation by version that seems occur would insulate us from that, but sounds like it's a known issue.

It gets weirder, but LW3dG is on it.