PDA

View Full Version : Help Creating a Picture in Picture

TD_SF
08-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Hello,
We have a graphic we want to use as a pnp. But we don't own Livetext, or liveset, or whatever it's called.

Anyone here willing to help us convert our graphic to an live editable file?

Thanks!

SBowie
08-31-2015, 02:45 PM
Why not just load the image into a Media Player, and display it using a DSK or Key layer, both of which support transparency, scaling, positioning, cropping and rotation?

TD_SF
08-31-2015, 03:25 PM
Why not just load the image into a Media Player, and display it using a DSK or Key layer, both of which support transparency, scaling, positioning, cropping and rotation?

Load it into a media player? I'm not sure I understand.

I am not familiar with DSK-ing on the tricaster, and all the tutorials I have seen are in spanish.

SBowie
08-31-2015, 04:13 PM
Load it into a media player? I'm not sure I understand.

I am not familiar with DSK-ing on the tricaster, and all the tutorials I have seen are in spanish.

Which model TriCaster do you have?

JPulera
09-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Tutorial videos (in English) are available here: http://www.newtek.com/support/certified/learning-resources.html

You DO own LiveText - OPEN a Session, and at the second carousel screen, choose the red "Graphics" button. This will open LiveText and you can create titles/graphics/rolls/crawls there and save them for use in TriCaster.

A DSK is a Down Stream Keyer. It keys video or graphics/titles OVER whatever is on the background (which is controlled with the main BKGD switcher). There are 2 DSKs (or 4 for the 8000).

In the DSK1 interface (center right of TriCaster UI screen), you will see for example "GFX" below DSK1 - this is the SOURCE of the overlay video for the Down Stream Keyer (DSK). The source is selected from a drop down menu. Put your PNG in the GFX bin. Hit TAKE on DSK1 and you should see the image from GFX bin on your screen. In the area of DSK1 (depending on model/software), there should be a little icon with 4 arrows - open that, it is the Scaler/Positioner. This allows you to shrink the video to any size, and place in any part of the screen. That is your PIP to be overlaid on the background video.

Note that while DSK1 is displayed on screen, you can go into the GFX player and change images and they will update live on the DSK1 overlay. Or play a slideshow and have them cycle automatically.

That's it in a nutshell. Watch the tutorials and read the manual to learn more

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

SBowie
09-01-2015, 08:44 AM
The reason I ask about the model is that if you are running an older, SD TriCaster, the setup will be a bit different.