PDA

View Full Version : LW rendering

Chernoby
08-30-2015, 08:02 PM
I gotta say... I been testing Cycles, Pixar Renderman, Yafaray, MentalRay, and Arnold(?) and LW native render is my favorite for animation. It lets me get the sweet spot better than any of the other ones. I havent tried Octane yet but here's to LW renderer!

50one
08-31-2015, 03:13 AM
Would be great to see some shots from your tests to better visualise that "sweet spot" :)

Thanks in advance!

Airwaves
11-14-2015, 12:52 PM
When you tried renderman how did that work for you? I use just lightwave for the simple animations I do but have always been curious about renderman and how it compares.

Chernoby
11-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Renderman is great. I have only used it with Blender but it is very impressive. But none of the above mentioned are worth it for me. I would not mind shelling out the cash for something that was exceptional and above and beyond everything else. I just haven't seen that yet. They all flicker. They all have trade offs. And I can get everything just as fast with LW.

I would say that Cycles is the least impressive for animations currently.

I will have a plethora of samples soon.

Airwaves
11-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the answer. Appreciate it and good information to know. Maybe one day I will give it a try but Lightwave has made me happy so far.

Farhad_azer
11-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Another interested person for your " plethora of samples " here and bump to your positive post.