PDA

View Full Version : Timing Videos Put Into LW Layout Scene

Columbo24
08-26-2015, 05:03 PM
I was wondering if there is a simple way to do this. I have a thirty second commercial that's animated with text. I created movie files in AE that have circuitry growing and forming. Each movie does something different for each text that appears. I'm taking the video and applying it to the surface of each text so it looks like circuitry is growing on the text. The problem is if each video is 5 seconds and I put them on the surfaces of the text and play the scene in layout, only the first text that appears has the video running and as subsequent text appears later, their videos have been played in the first 5 seconds of the scene. I Can adjust this in AE buy adding 5 second increments of blank footage before the animation so the video plays while the text is visible. Is there an easier way to get video footage to play at different times using something in Layout. I want the video to play in time with each new text that appears.
Thanx
Bill

Surrealist.
08-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Check this out:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?98584-Image-sequence-time-shift-node

Otherwise one old school way to do it would be to simply make copies of the video file with different names so you can load different instances of the same file. Then in the image editor adjust the start frames as desired.

There may be more options with current LightWave versions though.

MonroePoteet
08-26-2015, 09:19 PM
In the Image Editor (F6), down at the bottom there's a Start Frame which indicates when the image sequence / movie should start. The Start Frame is relative to the Scene, while the In and Out frame numbers are relative to the movie. Or, you could set the Post Behavior to "Loop", which would cause each movie to Loop throughout the entire sequence.

From a little experimenting, it seems these options may not be entirely reliable on "Animation" type Images (e.g. MPG files). If you can generate an Image Sequence from AE (i.e. a sequence of stills) rather than a "movie", they may work a little better.

mTp

Surrealist.
08-27-2015, 01:41 AM
The issue if am understanding is to be ale to have start times based on the animation of separate objects at different times.

Another advantage to using Image Sequences though, as mTp suggests is that you can use the Clone/Duplicate feature in the Image Editor to make virtual copies of the sequence. This does not seem to work for Video sequences, at least not for me.