PDA

View Full Version : Bill Fleming???

niteware
12-06-2003, 05:08 AM
I always enjoyed Bill Fleming's techniques and recently after doing some web searches it seems his 'old' web site is gone (Komodo???). Is he still around?

TIA,

-bob

hrgiger
12-06-2003, 07:53 AM
He's still around. I think he works for DAZ now.

Zach
12-06-2003, 03:44 PM
I know, I've been waiting for his next texture book. I purchased his freaky frank one, and a few of the older ones using LW 5.x. Wish I knew if he was still writing.

erikk
12-06-2003, 04:58 PM
In last Summer's Animation Magazine showcase, he and Komodo had several proposals. Frankly, they all looked derivative of existing properties, and a bit creepy. So he's still around... but not doing anything all that interesting as far as I can tell.

Locutus
12-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah I heard something about that. What was it all about? What existing properties did their work resemble?

erikk
12-12-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Locutus
Yeah I heard something about that. What was it all about? What existing properties did their work resemble?

Well, there was the Chile Bandidos, which looks a lot like something out of Veggie Tales in design. Face it, once someone has done 3D talking vegetables, that market is probably spent.

Ditto with Rooti Tooti, feturing Manny Banana and Fozzy Pear (that name is probably just asking for a Henson lawsuit). This time, it's fruits. But it looks even more like a Veggie Tales take off that the Bandidos in design.

There were a couple of others, none of which looked all that great (in my humble opinion, of course). They weren't so derivative looking, but nothing I could begin to get excited about. It left me pretty cold on Bill Flemming.

MadMax
12-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Trust me on this you are better off looking elsewhere.