PDA

View Full Version : Align points along an axis?

bill0287
12-05-2003, 07:47 PM
How do I select a group of points and have them all align in a straight line along an axis, say based on the location of the the first point?

I don't want to find the numeric value, but instead want them to just align along selected axis.

Is there a plugin for this?

Melvil
12-05-2003, 08:44 PM
As far as I know the only way to do that is by getting it's numeric value using the point info panel and copying it to the other points value input. Sorry.

-Dave

SplineGod
12-06-2003, 03:12 AM
There are plugins that will do that. Go to flay.com and do a search under align in the plugins section.

Libra-75
12-06-2003, 06:08 AM
Im not sure what youre trying to do. But what about the "set value" tool under "detail"? ;)

bill0287
12-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the replies, but I found an easier, built-in way to do what I wanted. Basically, if you have a line of points that you want to be in a straight line, say along the X-axis, all you have to do is select the points, pull up the point info panel ("i") and then
drag the slider arrows for the axis you want to snap to. The points all snap in a line and then stay together. Guess I missed that one.

SplineGod
12-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Another trick I use is to select the points and hit the h key (stretch tool) and then place the mouse where I want the points to align to and stretch util they collapse to that spot. Its quick. :)