PDA

View Full Version : Page Curl...novice here...

TomEnokR
12-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Hi, all.

This may sound like a stupid question, but hey..I'm a stupid guy..so it goes to figure...;)

I'm inserting a page curl between two video sources and it seems to be working properly except in the examples it shows the video source rendering on the underside of the turning page, and my playback shows the back of the page shaded white.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this just misleading? Not a big deal, but it looks more professional to see the underside (reverse side) of video under a page curl rather than white...

Any feedback?

-Shaun

Jim_C
12-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Easy one.
You're using a one sided page curl.
Go to ttp://www.toastersupport.com/vt_pages/dve.htm
and dload the 2 sided one.
Free to sign up, no gimmicks, lotsa wipes

TomEnokR
12-05-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks, Jim.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has no life on a Friday night.

-Shaun

TomEnokR
12-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Jim,

Seems the pagecurl files are corrupt on that site. I was able to download some of the other DVE's, but the pagecurl ones specifically won't open after download...corrupt header.

Any ideas where I can get them alternately?

-Shaun

Whelkn
12-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Load your clips into Aura and use the transition filter to perform your page curl effect. Takes a little longer but it works.

Jeremy

Jim_C
12-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Rt click on file choose winzip extract to folder.....2019.
Then move the 2019 file to your effects folder and the 2 files in the newtek info folder into the newtek info folder in your effects folder.

These were all T2 wipes but I think they all still work.

jim

ps.. my life keeps calling and asking the the hell I am. I think thats what it's saying. Hard to hear over the crowd noise and music.
work work workity work

videoguy
12-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey Jim,

Umm I Gotta Question for you , It seems to be you are always on the board posting or just surfing much like myself. so my question is what did you do to make the wife chain you to the computer in a room by yourself

Jim_C
12-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Hmmmm, well.

No wife, girlfriend. Lives 1800 miles away in Austin.Work together 5 months outa year starting February. Self imposed exile to save money since frequent flyer miles have run out.
Toaster at work, Toaster at home, both with net browsing computers right next to em.Very conducive to forum watching and attempts at assitance.

so I guess that's that.. :rolleyes:

C'mon February!!

jim...

ps.. I guess my question to you is.... What did you do?

;)

TomEnokR
12-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Heyyyy Jim...

My girlfriend is 1500 miles away in Dallas. What is it with guys like us? Are we too afraid of dating someone within our hemisphere, or are we just lucky enough to find all the right babes in all the wrong places??

My ff miles ran out long ago, fortunately orbitz keeps travel expenses down to around $300 a trip, but it still sucks.

-Shaun

Rich Deustachio
12-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Eric Pratt has a page curl in one of his FX packages along with lots of other great DVEs.

Jim Capillo
12-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TomEnokR
Jim,

Seems the pagecurl files are corrupt on that site. I was able to download some of the other DVE's, but the pagecurl ones specifically won't open after download...corrupt header.

Any ideas where I can get them alternately?

-Shaun

Shaun,

Send me your snail mail addy and I'll burn a CD with all of them on it and get it out to you on Monday...... if I'm not totally snowed in from this friggin storm, that is ! :o :eek: