PDA

View Full Version : Is there a scale tool?

kevinh
08-19-2015, 09:43 AM
I have an old book by Dan Ablan. Actually, I think I have two. One for version 6 and on for version 7. I've been trying to follow the tutorial for modeling the human head. In the instructions, he says to use the extender plus tool followed by the scale tool. But I can't find a scale tool. There is a stretch tool and a size tool. There were a few other tools under more such as center scale, but they work different than the way the instructions sound. You are suppose to put the cursor in the center of the eye and then scale the polygons up and out. I can use the stretch tool, but I have to adjust some of the points afterwards. So is there a scale tool? Or was there a scale tool?

And are there good project tutorials somewhere? Like where you follow along and model something?

Thanks.

Kryslin
08-19-2015, 09:53 AM
"H" is the scale tool (aka size) - it scales things uniformly.
"h" is the stretch tool - it sclaes things based on the viewport plane (XY, YZ, XZ).

If you're using 2015, you also have the transform gizmo.

Dexter2999
08-19-2015, 09:53 AM
h= stretch
H= scale

Snosrap
08-19-2015, 11:33 AM
You are suppose to put the cursor in the center of the eye and then scale the polygons up and out.

It depends on your Action Center selection. If you are using Center as your Action Center the mouse can be anywhere and your "selection" will always scale from the center.

probiner
08-19-2015, 12:14 PM
kevinh. Check Willam Vaughn videos they will get you at ease. https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/?page=29

kevinh
08-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Thanks.

I'll have to look for the transform gizmo. I hadn't noticed it yet.