PDA

View Full Version : Text Tool Poll

erikals
08-18-2015, 04:30 PM
so, how much is this of interest ?

how much would you pay for a text tool that did somewhat the same thing as the C4D text tool ?

Snosrap
08-18-2015, 08:41 PM
$0.00 - it should be part of LW.

jwiede
08-18-2015, 08:53 PM
so, how much is this of interest ?

how much would you pay for a text tool that did somewhat the same thing as the C4D text tool ?

I think you'll need to be much clearer to get useful results, esp. on how it would deal with the Modeler/Layout split, how " geometry editing" would work, etc. Saying it'll be "somewhat the same thing as the C4D text tool" is just too vague, and doesn't really allow the reader to picture the actual workflow and what it'll improve. You haven't even specified which app will receive the proposed tool, and that has a huge impact on usability/workflow.

djwaterman
08-18-2015, 10:28 PM
This is just an idea from a non coder. Would it be possible to make a separate window (app) that has it's own geometry engine or mesh handling abilities, non-destructive workflows, deformers and so forth, where one can create the text and animation, and that this app is somehow plugged directly into Layout for lighting and rendering? This would operate as it's own thing and just utilize Lightwave for the VPR and final render. I realize what I'm suggesting would take a lot of time and money to develop and so would not be cost effective, I only ask out of interest if it's even possible. I would pay around $100 /200 for such a thing if it existed.

erikals
08-19-2015, 01:32 AM
http://forums.newtek.com/images/misc/quote_icon.pngjwiede
You haven't even specified which app will receive the proposed tool, and that has a huge impact on usability/workflow.

in Layout!
hey, that's a no-brainer! : )

http://forums.newtek.com/images/misc/quote_icon.pngdjwaterman
a separate window (app) that has it's own geometry engine or mesh handling abilities, non-destructive workflows, deformers and so forth, where one can create the text and animation, and that this app is somehow plugged directly into Layout for lighting and rendering

yes, agree, this would be a Blender Engine, or the Houdini Engine

prometheus
08-19-2015, 04:08 AM
lets export the secondary module philosophy, a new dynamic non destructive text tool..release it in chronosculpt 2.
you would have to export it to lightwave though:D

ianr
08-19-2015, 05:10 AM
NOTHING COS Newtek should $ pay LW3dG to do this so they can
reboot LW inside their hardware environment.

i would DONATE 2 a dev tackling the Half.dll (exr.ilmbase)clash that
is stopping Go H engine. That would help LW's pipe footprint
tremendouslly as i have said before.

Maybe If anybody there in could tackle David's code for its inclusion in ChronoS 2

Or ask Mashahiro San (3rrdPowers) to do the above?

50one
08-19-2015, 05:13 AM
To little to late, no money will help here. another band aid.

We need revolution and we need it for last year.

ianr
08-19-2015, 05:27 AM
Yep, 50-1
They had that Mo Graph Market (outside of Kino 35mm Screen Credits)
And NewTek just YAWNED it away. Then Cm4D said Cheers we will have that!

erikals
08-19-2015, 08:30 AM
so if you need this for a project that require 20 animations with different beveled fonts, in 1 day...

you would...

-do it manually (good luck)
-buy C4D
-use Blender

?

jwiede
08-19-2015, 01:42 PM
so if you need this for a project that require 20 animations with different beveled fonts, in 1 day...

you would...

-do it manually (good luck)
-buy C4D
-use Blender

?

You forgot:

-sub it out to a C4D shop

lightscape
08-19-2015, 06:15 PM
This is just an idea from a non coder. Would it be possible to make a separate window (app) that has it's own geometry engine or mesh handling abilities, non-destructive workflows, deformers and so forth, where one can create the text and animation, and that this app is somehow plugged directly into Layout for lighting and rendering? This would operate as it's own thing and just utilize Lightwave for the VPR and final render. I realize what I'm suggesting would take a lot of time and money to develop and so would not be cost effective, I only ask out of interest if it's even possible. I would pay around $100 /200 for such a thing if it existed.

If they can make fabric engine, meshfusion connect with modo then anything is possible. With fabric modo its a popup window that is similar to messiah in lightwave. There's some drawback to viewport speed with fabric but they will work it out I hope.

ConjureBunny
08-19-2015, 10:19 PM

So like some kind of external modeling app? Something where you can create 3D models, and maybe synch them with Layout somehow?

:D

djwaterman
08-19-2015, 11:24 PM
So like some kind of external modeling app? Something where you can create 3D models, and maybe synch them with Layout somehow?

:D

Sort of a low level modeler, but more geared towards text and simple shapes, and you animate in it as well. Maybe you could bring in complex rigged models into it and do point editing, but I'm thinking it would be aimed at motion graphics type work and build from there. Somehow the geometry would have to be automatically converted when being piped into Layout because Layout converts everything into tris. It will never happen, just wondering if it is actually possible.