PDA

View Full Version : Jump to Translate/Rotate/Scale that isn't locked.

raw-m
08-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Let's say I'm dealing with animation Position on one object and Rotation on another where I need to jump back and forth for exact placement.

If I've locked off the Scale and Rotation of one object and the Scale and Position of the other it'd be great if LW recognised this and jumped between the correct unlocked position/rotation gizmos automatically so I don't have to keep hitting the t/y shortcuts.

Would anyone else find that useful?

jeric_synergy
08-16-2015, 01:54 AM
How about if each Item (O/C/L/B) retains the MODE it's in unless the user changes it. In a way, it'd be similar to our two options for SURFACE NAMES, per object/per scene. Sorta.

I see this working as a USER PREFERENCE:

either the TOOL remains the same as the user switch Items (the current situation), or
the ITEM remains in the same mode as the user changes among them.

I'm forever moving the Camera when I mean to rotate it because I was moving an Object immediately before, so it would save a LOT of keypresses, so YES, as a user preference I think it would be quite desirable.

Now to find the proper verbiage to fit in into the UI.

ernpchan
08-16-2015, 02:06 AM
I would use this to do that. http://www.kvaalen.com/plugins/Plugins.html#AutoToolChange

Unfortunately the version on his site doesn't save the settings with the scene file. One of my guys fixed that. I emailed the original author but never got a response so not sure if he fixed it.

jeric_synergy
08-16-2015, 08:37 AM
AutoToolChange is a Custom Object LScript...
Does that mean it only works with Objects?

ernpchan
08-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Yes.

jeric_synergy
08-16-2015, 12:44 PM
That's a reason for my "Extend Custom Object plugin to ALL items (Cams, Bones, Lights)" feature request.