Dillon
08-13-2015, 08:09 PM
and there's this, too....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXXdypEuR_M

Everything's gonna change.

prometheus
08-14-2015, 12:35 AM
both stuff ...very cool.

when I look at the microstructure surface clip, I see same issues as most other realistic face renders when moving with expressions, I donīt know what it is, but you can always see a sharp edge on the inside of the mouth ..lip areas, this is often the case with other renders too...that is a bit of topic for the clip shown and the new techniques...so those are nice new tech for enhancing realism..but, I just canīt get it why this sharp edged mouth inside of th mouth lip area is visible so often.

Waves of light
08-14-2015, 02:46 AM
Wow. That is impressive.

daforum
08-14-2015, 02:09 PM
both stuff ...very cool.

when I look at the microstructure surface clip, I see same issues as most other realistic face renders when moving with expressions, I donīt know what it is, but you can always see a sharp edge on the inside of the mouth ..lip areas, this is often the case with other renders too...that is a bit of topic for the clip shown and the new techniques...so those are nice new tech for enhancing realism..but, I just canīt get it why this sharp edged mouth inside of th mouth lip area is visible so often.

Agreed. The edge of the mouth doesn't work for me too.
Spending time getting everything else looking so great, it's a shame the mouth doesn't look as good.

Like the bouncing bodies though!

Ernest
08-15-2015, 03:38 AM
But that's to be expected from a scanned model. The mouth works until the point that the scanner cannot reach.

prometheus
08-15-2015, 06:42 AM
But that's to be expected from a scanned model. The mouth works until the point that the scanner cannot reach.

but why is there tooths in there? and why havenīt they remodeled and extended the mouth...question is general, since you probably have no idea:D
Guess the focus was on the skin not overall realism, so that might excuse the work done.

Dodgy
08-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Cool stuff. I was using Dpont's Tension node to drive bump maps and displacements for this sort of stuff.