PDA

View Full Version : How to reorder Main Menu subgroups in "Configure Menus" [Layout & Modeler]

haroldini
08-13-2015, 12:17 PM
[Windows 8.1, LW 2015.2]

Am I missing something completely obvious, or is it impossible to move or reorder immediate subgroups (ie Items, Modify, etc. in the default) of the "Main Menu" in "Configure Menus"? You can move every other group any where else except for "Main Menu". This issue is present in both Layout and Modeler.

Moving subgroup from other menus into another menu or menu subgroup works.
Moving subgroup from "Main Menu" subgroup into another menu or menu subgroup works.
Moving subgroup from other menus into "Main Menu" subgroup works.

Moving subgroup from "Main Menu" into other menu or menu subgroup doesn't.

Reordering subgroups within other menus works.
Reordering subgroups within "Main Menu" subgroups works.

Reordering subgroups in "Main Menu" doesn't.

I am aware that I can export branches and reimport, but that is a major hassle if I want to add a branch at the end of the menu. Since importing branches sets it as the first item automatically, I would have to export each branch I already have and then reimport them. If I make a mistake I have to start over again.

I really can't see a reason for this seeing as every other possibility works. Is this another of Lightwave's quirks?

RebelHill
08-13-2015, 12:40 PM
You mean to reorder the tabs themselves...

You do that in the interface, not the configure menus. Just click on and drag the tab, much like you can for page tabs in firefox, chrome, etc.

haroldini
08-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Yes that. Thank you so much for clearing that up.

It makes sense and it's nice that you can do it in the UI, but I find it quite strange to disable that function in the menu configure window, the first place most people would look. Especially since similar tabs in other windows like the Dope Sheet and Graph editor can't be moved.

Sidebar: I've been going through your Rigging Training, and it's fantastic. Thank you so much for the wonderful resource.

jeric_synergy
08-13-2015, 01:55 PM
...., but I find it quite strange to disable that function in the menu configure window, the first place most people would look.
You are not alone.