PDA

View Full Version : Text tool

lightscape
08-13-2015, 10:24 AM
https://vimeo.com/135685554

2015 and lightwave still has the same dinosaur text tool, well besides modo.

08-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Just makes me laugh cuz it's better than crying.

You can find chess games...

You can find robot-looking stuff and movie quality material...

There is stuff in the demo material that is all procedural, that looks amazing and just, "Wow!"...

But no one, and I mean No One, is working (has shared) any kind of programmatic approach to text in LW. I am even including the Arsenal guys in this as their's was canned, iirc.

Digital Juice did a feed-in, at a time, but no, I confuse that with the VT, me thinks.

I am now amazed at this sad fact.

Hail
08-13-2015, 03:26 PM
While at that, you should also check out the new text tools in maya 2016 extension. They are pretty amazing.
Hope we can get something like those in lw soon.

https://youtu.be/ztblh2ME5qs

https://youtu.be/UCWNr-i_Fjw

JohnMarchant
08-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Well Modeler has been neglected severely over the last few years and needs allot of TLC. If it were not for LWCAD, 3DPowers and a few other tools i would probably model in Blender.

tonyrizo2003
08-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Just an FYI, I have in the past paid some programmers to make specific plugins for me to use with LW. It cost me $300 ea. I am not a coder but couldn't this be done in python? does it have to c++?
I think the new text tools in Maya are great, I wonder if the community came up with a list and setup a kickstarter with a programmer maybe that would be able to give the community the tool we would all want? Just curious to get opinions.
Thanks Tony :)

erikals
08-14-2015, 11:39 PM
i think that's a great idea.

a minus is that beveling in Layout is not possible, afaik...

tonyrizo2003
08-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Does it have to be layout?
Why couldn't we do it with a history stack in modeler? That's got to be possible.
It should be interactive, it should have beveling in which curves can be saved.
I wonder if the community came up with a reasonable list of features.

1.) List of features
2.) Block off the software into 3 phase

Phase 1 - interactive text manipulation, interactive beveling and rounding, saving of profiles for beveling and rounding, interactive extrusion, history stack for later manipulation, text should be considered individual elements
Phase 2 - manipulation of text following an interactive spline
Phase 3 - UV coordinate mapping, when an object is created it should be smart enough to know which side is x,y,or z and give it a generic name i.e. X - sides, Y - sides, Z - Face

something like that, wonder what everyone else can think of that is possible?

If we can come up with a reasonable list of features, and then look for guidance from a dev to see what is feasible and what is not we can then look at creating a kick starter campaign.

Erikals, maybe you and I can do the leg work? with the aid of the community? I think that hiring a dev for $300 would be very easy.

Let me know what you guys think.

TOny :)

lightscape
08-15-2015, 06:34 PM
I think that hiring a dev for $300 would be very easy.

Let me know what you guys think.

TOny :)

Goodluck. You ain't gonna find one for that cheap.
Unless you find one who does this for a hobby and wants a challenge and kill some time.

jeric_synergy
08-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Goodluck. You ain't gonna find one for that cheap.
Unless you find one who does this for a hobby and wants a challenge and kill some time.
If ten people threw $300 into a Kickstarter, there's $3 grand. Do ten people want a better text tool?

There really needs to be a "bounty" -Starter, where people can put up funds that others can claim.

tonyrizo2003
08-15-2015, 08:36 PM
Hmmm... is $3k reasonable for a plugin? I realize that $3k is wonderful fee, I am not sure that amount would convince people to kick in.
What if it were for $1k? I think that would be possible?
I think that some people would be able to sport $25 to $100 for an opt in for this tool in it's initial release. After that, well I'm not sure to be exact, I'm not a developer and I do not know what the pricing structure would be or the time frame would be or the limits of updates that would be reasonable. A plan definitely needs to be formulated though to consider all of these things.

@lightscape, "Goodluck. You ain't gonna find one for that cheap." Lightscape what would be your recommendations?

@Jeric, Can you explain what a bounty Starter is?

Thank you both for your time.

Tony :)

erikals
08-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Does it have to be layout?
Why couldn't we do it with a history stack in modeler? That's got to be possible.

no, it has to be Layout, as of animation features...

shouldn't be all that difficult to make a good text tool in Layout though, if one excludes rounded edges

but takes quite a lot of planning / thinkering...

tonyrizo2003
08-15-2015, 09:01 PM

shouldn't be all that difficult to make a good text tool in Layout though, if one excludes rounded edges

but takes quite a lot of planning / thinkering...

well if it has to be done in layout, then what about bevels and fake edge rounding via nodes? wouldn't that work?

lightscape
08-15-2015, 11:56 PM
Lightscape what would be your recommendations?

It has to be non-exclusive. Which means once the plugin is made let the dev have the rights to sell it on his own.
The backers just get a license for chipping in. That's fair for both parties.

- - - Updated - - -

How will you model text in layout without any form of subobject selection currently implemented in layout???

Farhad_azer
08-16-2015, 03:54 AM
Excuse me but is it super important for LW developers to work on this? would not it be great if they spend their time on developing or enriching other aspect of LW for now?

Almost everything here can be achieved with current text tools thu I know it will be time consuming.

lightscape
08-16-2015, 05:44 AM
Yeah would be great if newtek actually deal with this. But seeing that modo devs also haven't updated their text tools these two companies seem to think motion graphics is a small market. Lw for vfx, modo for product viz.

tischbein3
08-16-2015, 05:51 AM
What I doN't understand is, why Newtek did not create an intermediate solution
by using the object replacement plugin architecture.
The hardest part is the text creation itself (wich they do have the code for it)
Integrating it in layout shouldn't that big of an issue.

Hail
08-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Excuse me but is it super important for LW developers to work on this? would not it be great if they spend their time on developing or enriching other aspect of LW for now?

Almost everything here can be achieved with current text tools thu I know it will be time consuming.

Sure you can and it is all great until a client says change the font type. :p
Also, it currently isn't as easy to animate in layout.

prometheus
08-16-2015, 09:28 AM
I am no script writer or programmer, and barely know how to do it, but I took some minutes with the ls commander in layout.
By default we have a logo text tool in layout..called logo, now..the problem is that it is not available until you add a null, so to skip that process..I used ls commander and added a null..then the logo command..and compiled in to a new logo tool called logo creation_mylogo, add the script..go to edit menu and search for it and add it under layout modeler tools, so instead of using the old logo tool with a two step process..you only have one step to do, simply click my script and you will be prompted for your logo text and font.

this one is made in lightwave 11.6.3 64 bit. so itīs just to simplify the logo creation directly in layout, it has nothing to do with dynamic text or so.

MonroePoteet
08-16-2015, 11:02 AM
IMO, Newtek / LW3D should implement LSCommander in Modeler. Being able to perform a complex operation (e.g. Logo creation) in Modeler, capture the command sequence to an LScript and edit, modify and re-execute the sequence would help a lot, I think. Yes, I know it's a cludgy work-around for an advanced text tool like those shown earlier, but at least it would be feasible to build repeatable, procedural workflows in Modeler.

The current LW architecture is that objects and complex mesh manipulations thereof are done in Modeler, so I think the text creation will be done there. Having some simple tools to create morphs, animation transitions between them in Modeler, and export them to Layout would provide animation capability. Object replacement could be "faked" with dissolve envelopes, again hopefully created with tools in Modeler and exported to Layout.

Maybe.

mTp

Kryslin
08-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Granted, this is also a work around, but using hierarchies would get around the sub-object selection issue, yet still be able to control things at the text, word, and character levels...

The beveling features look nice, though.

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 11:41 AM
It has to be non-exclusive. Which means once the plugin is made let the dev have the rights to sell it on his own.
The backers just get a license for chipping in. That's fair for both parties.

- - - Updated - - -

How will you model text in layout without any form of subobject selection currently implemented in layout???

I don't recommend LW3DG tackle this, I would rather see this as a 3rd party developer. This way LW3DG could concentrate on the more important features and workflow updates.

I think Lightscape has the right idea, with the development of a tool like this. It's just how do you go about getting this started?

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 11:45 AM
IMO, Newtek / LW3D should implement LSCommander in Modeler. Being able to perform a complex operation (e.g. Logo creation) in Modeler, capture the command sequence to an LScript and edit, modify and re-execute the sequence would help a lot, I think. Yes, I know it's a cludgy work-around for an advanced text tool like those shown earlier, but at least it would be feasible to build repeatable, procedural workflows in Modeler.

The current LW architecture is that objects and complex mesh manipulations thereof are done in Modeler, so I think the text creation will be done there. Having some simple tools to create morphs, animation transitions between them in Modeler, and export them to Layout would provide animation capability. Object replacement could be "faked" with dissolve envelopes, again hopefully created with tools in Modeler and exported to Layout.

Maybe.

mTp

That would be nice!!

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 11:47 AM
I am no script writer or programmer, and barely know how to do it, but I took some minutes with the ls commander in layout.
By default we have a logo text tool in layout..called logo, now..the problem is that it is not available until you add a null, so to skip that process..I used ls commander and added a null..then the logo command..and compiled in to a new logo tool called logo creation_mylogo, add the script..go to edit menu and search for it and add it under layout modeler tools, so instead of using the old logo tool with a two step process..you only have one step to do, simply click my script and you will be prompted for your logo text and font.

this one is made in lightwave 11.6.3 64 bit. so itīs just to simplify the logo creation directly in layout, it has nothing to do with dynamic text or so.

wow! That's pretty cool!

Farhad_azer
08-16-2015, 12:24 PM
That is right Hail LoL.

prometheus
08-16-2015, 12:29 PM
wow! That's pretty cool!

Next step would be to remake the logo command in layout so it also has spacing values to set between the letters:D
The step after that would be to have additional option to bevel edges.
the step after that would be to have live action view feedback in layout while actually creating it.
the step after that would be to make it dynamic..Have no clue on how though, but at least I managed to get rid of the add null process, which have failed the lw team for a long time now..neene..nenenee:neener: and it only took me 5 minutes or so..without any previous programming skill, so we might be on our way to instant logo and logo mograph stuff in layout soon :) in conjunction with some bryan phillips node part move setups comiled in compund nodes and tools.

prometheus
08-16-2015, 12:45 PM
the modeler tool "text layers" has options to set font spacing, bevels etc..so I went to edit menu in Layout, dragged it to layout modeler tools, and just as with the logo tool, it is not available until adding a null..
so I did that, and run the command, I got an error "line 306 invalid index values provided to selpolygon" so if we could get rid of that, we could have a much better text tool creation directly in layout, if I click ok to shut down that error message, it creates a letter at least..but thatīs it.

prometheus
08-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Edit...I actually got the text layers tool working in layout now, with some unchecking in the module settings.

prometheus
08-16-2015, 01:39 PM
And I created a new script so you can use text layers as well, with bevel and spacing options in layout, check my other special dedicated thread for the zipfile.

jeric_synergy
08-16-2015, 01:52 PM
TonyRizo2003: a "bounty-Starter". There exists a phrase for this, something like "XXXX-Auction", I'll try to find, but basically:

A proposal is made, setting out clear parameters on what is expected in a product.
Interested customers start contributing to an escrow fund.
Monies accumulate.
Producers can examine and attempt to meet the parameters.
The first producer to create the product as defined gets the money in the escrow account, plus rights to all subsequent sales.

Obviously, there's some gaming aspects to this: if you're a producer, at what point should you submit your product? Should you go for the quick profit, or gamble that another producer might swoop in and claim it but possibly gain a bigger buyout?

Rayek
08-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Alternatively, use Blender for text (non-destructive), and save as a LWO file. Then load it up in Layout, and if/when the text must be updated, just update the text in Blender, export again, and use File-->Replace with object. Works almost like modeler (especially when the theme is set to Lightwave!).

Blender's text tools are pretty good, and even support linked text boxes. Full justified text and kerning is available. Bevels can be controlled by any custom curve (this does take two minutes to set up correctly). Text editing is very simple: add a text object, hit <tab> to start editing the text directly in the viewport. The bevel curve gives more freedom compared to other text tools in most 3d apps: both sides can be controlled individually through the curve.

Before exporting you must convert the text object to a mesh, though (select text object, <shift-d>, <enter>, <alt-c>, choose mesh, and export. Then delete the mesh in Blender (<delete>).

I have created a text setup file for anyone who might be interested. Be sure to load the layout as is: everything is setup for direct text editing. The bevel curve can be accessed in the left bottom view (to edit, select, and hit <tab>).

And I included a text path for good measure - select it in the text properties panel.

jeric_synergy
08-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Hmmm.... if someone can suss out the mechanism by which Modeler notifies Layout of an update, Blender would be the perfect text tool. Blender side script would do all the donkey work, and inform Layout to update the file.

Of course, we still wouldn't have animation-of-the-text, except in the normal way.

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 06:48 PM
And I created a new script so you can use text layers as well, with bevel and spacing options in layout, check my other special dedicated thread for the zipfile.

where is the link for that thread? Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

TonyRizo2003: a "bounty-Starter". There exists a phrase for this, something like "XXXX-Auction", I'll try to find, but basically:

A proposal is made, setting out clear parameters on what is expected in a product.
Interested customers start contributing to an escrow fund.
Monies accumulate.
Producers can examine and attempt to meet the parameters.
The first producer to create the product as defined gets the money in the escrow account, plus rights to all subsequent sales.

Obviously, there's some gaming aspects to this: if you're a producer, at what point should you submit your product? Should you go for the quick profit, or gamble that another producer might swoop in and claim it but possibly gain a bigger buyout?

Oh, thanks for the info!!

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively, use Blender for text (non-destructive), and save as a LWO file. Then load it up in Layout, and if/when the text must be updated, just update the text in Blender, export again, and use File-->Replace with object. Works almost like modeler (especially when the theme is set to Lightwave!).

Blender's text tools are pretty good, and even support linked text boxes. Full justified text and kerning is available. Bevels can be controlled by any custom curve (this does take two minutes to set up correctly). Text editing is very simple: add a text object, hit <tab> to start editing the text directly in the viewport. The bevel curve gives more freedom compared to other text tools in most 3d apps: both sides can be controlled individually through the curve.

Before exporting you must convert the text object to a mesh, though (select text object, <shift-d>, <enter>, <alt-c>, choose mesh, and export. Then delete the mesh in Blender (<delete>).

I have created a text setup file for anyone who might be interested. Be sure to load the layout as is: everything is setup for direct text editing. The bevel curve can be accessed in the left bottom view (to edit, select, and hit <tab>).

And I included a text path for good measure - select it in the text properties panel.

That's pretty cool thank you for your efforts!

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Hmmm.... if someone can suss out the mechanism by which Modeler notifies Layout of an update, Blender would be the perfect text tool. Blender side script would do all the donkey work, and inform Layout to update the file.

Of course, we still wouldn't have animation-of-the-text, except in the normal way.

If Prometheus's script could create each letter separately and than assign a null to be the parent, than we could animate in a group and as individual elements.

spherical
08-16-2015, 06:54 PM
where is the link for that thread? Thank you

In this Forum. Currently at the top.

prometheus
08-16-2015, 07:04 PM
If Prometheus's script could create each letter separately and than assign a null to be the parent, than we could animate in a group and as individual elements.

not sure exactly what you mean, think it would take a lot more than that if you mean to change individual letters dynamicly..like timecode letters in after effects etc.
but for individual movement and rotation and scaling of each letter, no need to go that route, you could just use the deform tab on the text and add dpont part move, a speed time node and a vector scale node and connect it all as you want...for individual rotation of letters etc.

prometheus
08-16-2015, 07:07 PM
the thread about the new updated text layer tool and a vid from erikals...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?147669-Here%B4s-New-improved-text-tools-for-layout-simple-lscript-modifications-attached

erikals
08-16-2015, 07:42 PM
not sure exactly what you mean, think it would take a lot more than that if you mean to change individual letters dynamicly..like timecode letters in after effects etc.
but for individual movement and rotation and scaling of each letter, no need to go that route, you could just use the deform tab on the text and add dpont part move, a speed time node and a vector scale node and connect it all as you want...for individual rotation of letters etc.

pretty good idea, was thinking along the same lines, but text with speed time node > interesting http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

wonder if text then could be animated on a curve...

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 08:01 PM
oh thanks :)

lightscape
08-16-2015, 08:32 PM
The issue is not the ability to create text in layout. There's no difference whether its created in modeller or layout.
The issue is non-destructive text tools missing in lightwave.

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 09:06 PM

Sorry, no, not dynamically just initially at creation. So when you input the text string in your script, you would be able to add a parent null for the letters to be grouped under it. I hope that makes sense.

I haven't used dpont part move, I'll have to give that a shot.

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 09:09 PM
The issue is not the ability to create text in layout. There's no difference whether its created in modeller or layout.

I think that text in layout is one issue, then creation of text and finally non-destructive text tool.

However, Prometheus has made that script.

erikals
08-16-2015, 09:25 PM
http://forums.newtek.com/images/misc/quote_icon.pngtonyrizo2003
However, Prometheus has made that script.

no, not really, he created a script that launches the default textlayers.ls script

the textlayers.ls can be modified by anyone, in notepad for example

http://forums.newtek.com/images/misc/quote_icon.pnglightscape

yep, we are just testing a bit... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

tonyrizo2003
08-16-2015, 11:15 PM
no, not really, he created a script that launches the default textlayers.ls script

the textlayers.ls can be modified by anyone, in notepad for example

yep, we are just testing a bit... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

so then we are back to square 1 in a way?

prometheus
08-16-2015, 11:33 PM
pretty good idea, was thinking along the same lines, but text with speed time node > interesting http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

wonder if text then could be animated on a curve...

probably easiest with layout spline tools.

but otherwise a lot can be done, controlling the start rotation of letters sequently by a null item etc, or create point layers to serve as each letters null positions, then in that points properties ..add particles, move the particles up with itīs vector motion, then in the text deform tab, add part move, and particle info, and part info..plug the part infot to particle info, and then to part move..add som random weight and the particles will drive the motion of the letters so it falls down or flies up in the air with a bit of random particle weight, or simply put..the particles motion is inherited by the letters.

Michael

Thomas Helzle
08-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Can't wait for the day when L & M will finally be unified.
At this point in time this is the main progress-stifling thing in LW and a big dealbreaker for many people looking at it, no matter how capable it may be otherwise.

For text I still go to Softimage XSI. It's the only text tool I know and own that does great with SDS (Tesselation -> Medial Axis). Inside of XSI it of course has full history and can be animated at will...

So let's hope that unification will finally happen one day and will also introduce history and animated modelling...

Rob, use your Powers! ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

erikals
08-17-2015, 11:43 AM
L & M will not be unified any time soon, as Rob stated 2 years ago, it will rather have "another solution"

my guess is partly integration

Rob, Japan, late 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRu_R3RubYI#t=4m27s

Thomas Helzle
08-17-2015, 11:49 AM
L & M will not be unified any time soon, as Rob stated 2 years ago, it will rather have "another solution"

my guess is partly integration

Rob, Japan, late 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRu_R3RubYI#t=4m27s

Well, then Lightwave will fail in the long run, simple as that.
And partly integration of totally outdated modelling tools will not help a bit.

Let's hope they change their mind soon enough to survive.

Cheers,

Tom

erikals
08-17-2015, 02:52 PM
wonder, how do other apps solve this kind of text beveling ?

anyone knows ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnK4xIeLrE

jeric_synergy
08-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Isn't beveling outward one successful strategy? Maybe they combine a bevel outward with a compensating scale down.

erikals
08-17-2015, 03:12 PM
could be... i'm quite curious about it actually... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/aiwebs_029.gif

nerd-mode > on! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

------------

C4D wirefame >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZR01ZYUinU

oliverhotz
08-17-2015, 05:06 PM
wonder, how do other apps solve this kind of text beveling ?

anyone knows ?

1) use the make text tool in lw...

2) select everything/none and use lwcad "convert to curves"
3) select lwcade convert curves to surf (with make holes option)
4) tripple
5) save
6) goz (to zbrush)
7) geometry/zremesher with boundary options on
8) geometry/zremesher with boundary off
9) goz again to get the model back to modeler
10) extrude..
11) now you got the perfect text as subd mesh...(and it only took a few seconds for the whole process, and you can adjust the bevel by adding side segments)

Best,

Oliver

erikals
08-17-2015, 05:24 PM
http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

i was starting to think along the LWcad lines indeed...

seems impossible to do it in LW fairly fast...

C4D can kick it, but it's got super rounding tools... agh! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/aiwebs_001.gifhttp://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

well, good to know i'm not totally off track... ...maybe i can find a hack... hmm...

erikals
08-17-2015, 05:28 PM
oh....!

think i found a solution just this very second! http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/arteest.gif

need to test... !

erikals
08-17-2015, 06:28 PM
2"30am here... Zzzz...

haven't watched it, but have a look at Bryan's tutorial... >
pretty cool... (as usual...!)  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jurm0DZdfg&feature=em-uploademail

tonyrizo2003
08-18-2015, 12:32 AM
2"30am here... Zzzz...

haven't watched it, but have a look at Bryan's tutorial... >
pretty cool... (as usual...!)  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jurm0DZdfg&feature=em-uploademail

wow very cool!!

djwaterman
08-18-2015, 02:38 AM
Isn't beveling outward one successful strategy? Maybe they combine a bevel outward with a compensating scale down.

I just opened C4D and created some text and converted it to an extruded text, as soon as I put what they call a fillet on the front "Caps" (basically what we call a bevel) it instantly beveled outwards (with no shrinking compensation), so I'm guessing that's why they always get nice bevels. And if I bevel inwards to preserve the original font outline, then I get the same weird corner kinks you'll get in Lightwave. I'm using the one that comes with After Effects.

erikals
08-18-2015, 03:36 AM
true, LightWave can't do that, with chamfer, rounder, multishift, or any other tool

you will get bad polyflow, no matter what, only way around is tedious manual tweaking

rounding in C4D is gold

erikals
08-18-2015, 04:35 PM
vote >

Text Tool Poll >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?147703-Text-Tool-Poll

jwiede
08-18-2015, 09:14 PM
And if I bevel inwards to preserve the original font outline, then I get the same weird corner kinks you'll get in Lightwave. I'm using the one that comes with After Effects.

Which version of AE did it come with?

djwaterman
08-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Which version of AE did it come with?

lightscape
08-18-2015, 11:37 PM

That's the best way to approach it in any app.

08-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Pictrix Rasp plugin should have been incorporated into LW LONG AGO to take care of just this problem.
Heck, it's algorithms should have been made a part of any one of our ten beveling tools.
Robert

erikals
08-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Pictrix Rasp solves some things, but not the rounding problems (tested it)

yes, i hope for great rounding too, it would be a Huge time saver

erikals
08-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Bevel++ is most likely the best tool currently...

Mike Green video demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAas32Npm3A#t=8m00s

unfortunately, even that is not fully automated, and sometimes errors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMiXbMHPDoM

(i tried to automate something similar , but didn't succeed)

also check LWcad rounding

lightscape
08-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Bevel ++ works well. But still destructive. Lightwave has to get away from the drop tool workflow.

erikals
08-19-2015, 06:54 PM
myeah, but only C4D is good at the non-destructive flow, and now (2015) Max

Maya/Modo/Blender are so-so

Blender has a quite alright tweakable text tool

agree LW should be more non-destructive though, Absolutely.

regarding B++
just read a C4D thread where someone requested a similar function to B++

sukardi
08-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Bevel++ is most likely the best tool currently...

Bevel++ - does it work with 64bit 2015? ...

erikals
08-19-2015, 07:38 PM
ain't got 2015, but i'd assume so
webpage doesn't mention, nor exclude, LW2015

http://www.tdate.org

jwiede
08-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Bevel++ - does it work with 64bit 2015? ...

Looks like it works with W32/64, but it apparently does NOT work on Mac.

pinkmouse
08-20-2015, 01:54 AM
Looks like it works with W32/64, but it apparently does NOT work on Mac.

Can confirm that. :(