PDA

View Full Version : GOZ 2015.3.... any luck?

sudac20
08-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Appears like it is still broke? Anyone having success with it?

DCjr
08-12-2015, 08:14 PM
4R7 doesn't work?

sudac20
08-12-2015, 09:01 PM
4R7 doesn't work?

Hasn't worked right for a long time. I thought for sure it would be fixed with this update... Guess its not a priority for LWG

lino.grandi
08-13-2015, 04:29 AM
GoZ should work perfectly in 2015.3 and ZB 4R7.

Maybe you have some conflict with a previous GoZ installation?

lertola2
08-13-2015, 05:32 AM
I just did some quick tests in modeler and I can go back and forth to zbrush with no problem. I can work on a morph or the base object and as long as I don't do anything destructive in zbrush the object comes back from zbrush with all surfaces, UVs and weight maps intact. But there seems to be a limitation that the object has to be single layered and the mesh has to be in the first layer.

I did read the manual this time which alerted me that I should copy lightwave's current goz files to the correct directory. This is something I neglected to do with previous updates so if you are like me you may be using outdated versions of these files.

Quote from manual:
LightWave GoZ support files are located here:
Windows: C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave2015\support\3rdparty_suppor t\GoZ
OS X: ~Applications/Lightwave2015/support/3rdparty_support/GoZ
1) With LightWave and ZBrush NOT RUNNING, Copy both the LightWaveLayout and
LightWaveModeler directories from that folder to:
Windows: C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\
OS X: MacHD:/Users/Shared/Pixologic/GoZApps/
2) Now launch ZBrush and open Preferences and choose GoZ at the bottom.
You will then find LightWave Layout and LightWave Modeler
3) From there, you can have ZBrush find the install - or you can point it there yourself.

lino.grandi
08-13-2015, 06:04 AM
Thank you for your feedback!

hrgiger
08-13-2015, 08:06 AM
I just recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 as well as zbrush and LW2015.3 and everything seems to be working properly with GoZ. Thank you LW3DG!!

MAUROCOR
08-13-2015, 10:28 AM
I just recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 as well as zbrush and LW2015.3 and everything seems to be working properly with GoZ. Thank you LW3DG!!

Hi, Steve! Did you get any problem with Windows 10 and LW? I am not sure yet if it is a good idea to instal Windows 10 in my machine...

hrgiger
08-13-2015, 11:56 AM
No problems with LightWave or any of my other apps so far. Another user mentioned seeing black in his viewports in Layout but so far haven't seen that myself.

sudac20
08-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Still can't get it working for me. Every time I use GOZ from modeler it exports an instance of the model, losing all morph and texturing information.
I reinstalled goZ in ZBRUSH and reinstalled my plugins in Lightwave. It looks like its working for everyone else... I will keep trying

hrgiger
08-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Sudac, you may want to consider reinstalling and setting up GoZ again.

I haven't thoroughly tested it but so far it seems to be working. Zbrush now recognizes topology changes made in Modeler and no more instances appearing.

sudac20
08-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Ok I think I have it somewhat working. If I hit GOz, it creates a copy of the model in zbrush. I can edit my model in Zbrush, hit GOz and the copy is sent back to modeler. I then have to go back to the original file in modeler change my morph, hit GOz... the morph is applied to the "copy" tthat was created in Zbrush. When I send the model back to modeler the additional morph is added to the copy that was sent back to modeler. Strange workflow.

I have also noticed that every so often when I hit GOz from Zbrush is creates yet another copy of model and looses all morph information. Something is not quite right. I will keep testing, if anyone else is noticing anything strange could u please let me know. I would really like to get this figured out.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Sudac, you may want to consider reinstalling and setting up GoZ again.

I haven't thoroughly tested it but so far it seems to be working. Zbrush now recognizes topology changes made in Modeler and no more instances appearing.

Thanks... I think you are right, time to reinstall :(

MAUROCOR
08-13-2015, 02:58 PM
No problems with LightWave or any of my other apps so far. Another user mentioned seeing black in his viewports in Layout but so far haven't seen that myself.

That is great!!! Thank you!;)

seghier
08-13-2015, 08:43 PM
why lightwave support zbrush only ? and 3dcoat ; mudbox ?

Waves of light
08-14-2015, 03:29 AM
why lightwave support zbrush only ? and 3dcoat ; mudbox ?

I don't know about Mudbox, but they don't need to support 3DCoat, as it uses .lwo files natively and there is a rather nice AppLink which works the same way as the GoZ feature (Post 66 has the latest version) http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7308&page=4#entry123229

seghier
08-14-2015, 04:35 AM
the last time i tried applink ; didn't work
i will try this last version

Greenlaw
08-14-2015, 08:29 AM
Read the last few posts in that thread. Funny...that's the reason I never used Applink in production myself: it seemed to be stuck in perpetual beta and never officially released. I'll check out the most recent beta though. If it works, I may start using it.

That said, it's not a huge deal to export an .lwo from 3DC. It even comes through with some the basic nodal connections too. (Normal map anyway.)

G.

seghier
08-14-2015, 10:52 AM
why lw don't support 3dcoat officially like zbrush ? not all people have and like zbrush

Greenlaw
08-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Probably because Applink already exists.

But yes, I agree, since development seems to be stalled for Applink, it would be nice if there was a Go3dC to compliment GoZ.

That said, there are many other things I'd like to see happen with LightWave first. :)

G.

chikega
08-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Any word on support for vector displacement in LW 2015.3? ;)

jwiede
08-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Any positive reports of GoZ working as expected for 2015.3 and 4r7 on Mac?

lertola2
08-17-2015, 08:04 PM
Any positive reports of GoZ working as expected for 2015.3 and 4r7 on Mac?

Everything I have tried with Goz 2015.3 seems to be working fine. Modeler back and forth to zbrush works with objects and morphs. I just did a quick test of goz from zbrush to Layout and it worked as expected.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=129303&d=1439860665