PDA

View Full Version : Fine tuning a spline? Tool to add points AND move them in one operation

jeric_synergy
08-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Is there a tool that would allow you to add points to a Spline (or an Edge) and, without dropping the tool, immediately move the new point

Kryslin
08-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Sensei has a tool that extends a spline by adding an endpoint to it; I'd written a version in lscript that does the same thing, though a tad slower...

Mine works similar to extender plus; It simply adds the point, letting you use whatever tool (translate, tweak, rotate, scale, etc...) you had selected to manipulate it. I know his version does the same, though it's much faster with a lot of splines (I bought into his beta hair tools which has the extend spline plugin, along with some basic selection tools...)

That doesn't answer the question, though. This is the old extend-move-extend-move workflow, not Right Click to add & move, Left Click to move type workflow, ala 3rd Powers tools...

jeric_synergy
08-10-2015, 01:31 AM
That doesn't answer the question, though. This is the old extend-move-extend-move workflow, not Right Click to add & move, Left Click to move type workflow, ala 3rd Powers tools...
Wait! Which 3rd Powers tool is that???

What I'm envisioning is something more along the lines of altering/fine-tuning an existing Edge or Spline, by easy Click&Drag ( "all one") motions.

Kryslin
08-10-2015, 02:11 AM
I was referring to method / workflow type, not any specific tool that they publish. It'd be nice, though.

If I knew enough C or Python, I might give it a go. It's been nearly 20 years since I last touched C/C++, though...

Sensei
08-10-2015, 02:19 AM
Is there a tool that would allow you to add points to a Spline (or an Edge) and, without dropping the tool, immediately move the new point

EasySpline's Spline Point (http://www.easyspline.com)
It's used around 15 seconds from start of this video f.e.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnjPNl4wVSs

If you hover existing point, it's dragged.
If you hover spline, new point is made and dragged from location clicked.

Equivalent tool for normal geometry is EasyMesh
http://easymesh.trueart.eu
LMB to move element mouse hover,
RMB to extend that element.

Sensei has a tool that extends a spline by adding an endpoint to it;

TrueHair Styler have extending hair tool from endpoint, but it's just for hair purpose.
Spline Point makes point on spline wherever you click in middle of spline.

You're describing how EasyMesh is working..

prometheus
08-10-2015, 05:57 AM
Px bezier lets you add and move anchor points wherever you want..as long as you donīt drop the tool, it also got a build in undo/redo tool, left mouse to add anchor point, ctrl right click to delete anchor points.

once you drop the curve, you canīt go back and edit it with px bezier, unless you havenīt saved it out as a reloadable curve path.