PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning among the cameras

Farhad_azer
08-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Hi, there is camera selector under master plugin which switches among the cameras but my question is if there are tools that make some transition effects (like some lighting effects or lenses synchronized to the moment of switch)? I assume that this will be possible by other softwares like Adobe Premier .

I actually am working on a small animation for a company and everything is almost done and I want to add this as bonus so it is not so vital to spend time and money on other software. I also use dissolve node in Fusion but it also does not have an interesting transition effect.

Any suggestion plz?

Snosrap
08-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Download a trial of an NLE. Sony has many versions of Vegas for example. There $40 version would even do the trick if you want something to keep and be able to go back to if necessary.

Farhad_azer
08-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks madam for your help, so I guess there is no such a thing in LW, I might want to add animated lens effect or sth between switches bec going to other software or editing system is not possible for me now and I prefer to work and concentrate only on one program (besides Fusion).

Any other suggestion please?

p.s. this project is the first serious work I have done with LW and I really am going to do my best.

ernpchan
08-11-2015, 01:27 PM
There's nothing automated in LW for transitions as that's something best handled in a compositing/editing program.

Sensei
08-11-2015, 02:59 PM
TrueArt's Modeling Pack
http://modelingpack.trueart.eu
has tool Camera Selector Baker,
which you can see here on video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NbzvJUye9A

If you will use it, all cameras made by selector, will be integrated to just one camera.
Once you have one camera, it would be easier to make transitions between them inside of LightWave.

"dark screen" could be done by making transparent surface (or object dissolve parameter) parented to camera, which is occasionally made opaque, and have black color.
Instead of switching instantly f.e. frame 1 camera X, frame 2 camera Y,
there could be black color appearing couple frames,
then switch of what was visible by 2nd camera (baked motion) at total opaque state,
then black color disappearing with new, changed view, in few frames.