PDA

View Full Version : Object Conversion Failure

Jockomo
12-05-2003, 10:34 AM
I am trying to use the content manager plugin to export a scene and it's associated files.

While doing the export I get an error that says Object Conversion Failure. The object it is getting an error is one that has many layers, 50 to be exact.

I have experienced this before and I think it is related to the fact that lightwave sees layers as seperate objects. But I can't quite figure out how to get around it.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Are there any other plugins out there that to a better job at exporting scenes with objects and images?

doug_wilkinson
03-02-2004, 08:35 PM
bump

Jockomo
03-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Doug,

My quest for an answer to this problem led to a dead end. The reply from NewTek on this issue was:

"It sounds on both of these that you are probably going beyond what the programmers thought anyone would try to use them for. Let me try and pass this over to engineering and see if I can get some guidance from them."

and

"I have passed all the information you have sent me to our engineering department. Since this is more or less an issue of going beyond the original parameters written into the plugins, they are going to handle it as a feature request to try to get the code expanded if possible"

(the other issue I was asking about was having the object replacement plugin objrep.p swaping out very large object files - in my case the output of a huge fluid simulation from RealFlow.)

Let's cross our fingers and hope that these issues will be resolved in L8.