PDA

View Full Version : change edgecolor over time?

lillmagnus
12-05-2003, 07:01 AM
The subject is my question. Is there a plugin or something that makes it possible to change the edgecolor for an object over time. i guess i could do it in post, but because of my scene it would be easier if i could do it in LW...:confused:

tonyg
12-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Don't know of one, but you could render two different versions of the objet and cross fade between them... Or:

Don't use that feature -- you could select all your polygons in Modeler, Bevel them slightly smaller, and then delete the selection -- this leaves you with an "edge" only model -- you can then use texturing as normal, with all it's features...

Tony

www.puppydoodle.biz

danilo
12-06-2003, 03:52 AM
In Surface editor,next to color,there is small E.That is ENVELOPE(consult manual).Click that,and you will see 3 lines(red,green and blue).By adding keys,you can change color.
danilo

lillmagnus
12-06-2003, 05:00 AM
Danilo, could you please explain how this would help me since edgecolor (found under object properties>edges (manual 9.49)) is independent from surfacecolor ???

please enlighten me.

danilo
12-06-2003, 05:41 AM
sorry,wrong answer(misunderstended question)
danilo

Zach
12-06-2003, 04:01 PM
hmm, unless you can access that property within a script (I think you can only script things with envelopes) then you'll probably have to render out each color and fade them in during post.
:(