PDA

View Full Version : How to change polygon edge colour

Munty
07-31-2015, 06:58 AM
Can somebody help me please? I know how to change the default colours for the various tool selections within the 'Edit-Display Options...-Layout'. I also know how to change the default fill colour for the polygons viewed in the Perspective window. What I would like to be able to do is after lightening the viewports background colour be able to change the polygon edge line colours that appear within the orthographic and perspective views? I hope I have used the correct terminology to get my question over?

Kind regards

Munty

Lewis
07-31-2015, 07:42 AM
In modeler it is tool called sketch color, in layout you can change individual objects/layers wire color in scene editors.

jeric_synergy
07-31-2015, 08:10 AM
Additionally, in Modeler there is a setting for Default Sketch Color in the Display Options Panel. If you change it, all subsequent new geometry will use that color. It's the usual 13 colors, but you can fine-tune THAT, I believe.... possibly in the cfg files. That is, I believe you can alter the RGB settings of the 13 colors-- you don't get more.

MonroePoteet
07-31-2015, 08:12 AM
I think Munty means how to change the default white edges in the Top, Back, Left and other wireframe viewports in Modeler. I don't know how to change that edge color for the wireframes.

mTp

Munty
07-31-2015, 09:04 AM
I think Munty means how to change the default white edges in the Top, Back, Left and other wireframe viewports in Modeler. I don't know how to change that edge color for the wireframes.

mTp

Yes MonroePoteet that is exactly what I mean, hope somebody can help me. I have lightened the background colour to my viewports and at present the white edges to the polygons are not too visible, I would like to colour the edge lines so I can see my polygons within the top, front and side elevations.

Lewis
07-31-2015, 09:15 AM
Like i said sketch tool is the one who is changing edges color. That is only visible in sketch and texture wire modes.

There is also default sketch color option in modeler preferences.

MonroePoteet
07-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Like i said sketch tool is the one who is changing edges color. That is only visible in sketch and texture wire modes.

There is also default sketch color option in modeler preferences.

OK, got it. The trick is that the viewport has to be set to "Color Wireframe" from the pulldown rather than "Wireframe". The Default Sketch Color is applied to new polygons.

mTp

Lewis
07-31-2015, 09:46 AM
Yep only two display modes in which that change is visible.

Munty
07-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Many thanks Lewis and MonroePoteet for your comments I now understand my options. So if I want to lighten the background as my default my only option to view the wire frames in the orthographic views is to set the viewports to "colour wireframe".

Kind regards

Munty

meshpig
07-31-2015, 07:51 PM
Go into Display/interface/Cusrtomize interface Color and under the Advanced tab you'll see bg color and the axes grid color etc. Restart LW for the changes to take place.

spherical
07-31-2015, 11:32 PM
He's not talking about those. The WIREFRAME color in wireframe mode is the issue. There is a setting for BgOGLMeshColor, but no corresponding FgOGLMeshColor; for whatever dumbass reason.

meshpig
08-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Well, no change sketch color changes the color wireframe. I thought he meant vp grid color but yeah it would be useful to be able to define the default surface color as well as the wireframe.

jeric_synergy
08-01-2015, 12:39 AM
There is a setting for BgOGLMeshColor, but no corresponding FgOGLMeshColor; for whatever dumbass reason.
Yup. Pretty goatdamn annoying.

meshpig
08-01-2015, 01:04 AM
if you could modify the point color too in Color Wire...