PDA

View Full Version : Dan Ablan books "Inside LightWave 6" and "Inside LightWave 7" for "free" (UK only)

inkpen3d
07-31-2015, 05:27 AM
A bit of a long shot, but if anyone in the UK is interested, I have copies of the books "Inside LightWave 6" and "Inside LightWave 7" by Dan Ablan available for free - the only thing you'll have to pay for is the cost of packing and postage (roughly 15 per book). Both books are in good condition and come with their respective content CDs. [Note: Overseas shipping costs are prohibitive and, in most cases, would work out more than the original cost of the books, which is why I am suggesting UK only.]

Likewise, I also have a hard copy of the LightWave 3D 7 manual - again, the only thing you'll have to pay is the P&P.

If I don't hear from anyone by this time next week all the books will go to a charity shop or our local library.

Please PM me if you are interested. [Queue wind blowing tumbleweed...]

Kind regards,
Peter

50one
07-31-2015, 05:31 AM
15 P&P per book? That's more than the latest ones v9 cost on Amazon with free delivery.

inkpen3d
07-31-2015, 07:36 AM
Oh well, charity shop it is then! ;)

kyuzo
07-31-2015, 09:35 AM
I've got the same problem: Dan's Inside Lightwave 5.5 and 6 books, with CDs. Can't bear to just bin 'em, but the postage isn't cheap to send them to anyone...

:(

inkpen3d
07-31-2015, 09:43 AM
I've got the same problem: Dan's Inside Lightwave 5.5 and 6 books, with CDs. Can't bear to just bin 'em, but the postage isn't cheap to send them to anyone...

:(

An they are so damned BIG! ;)

50one
08-03-2015, 02:00 AM
No idea what carrier you guys are using but I remember sending Lightning v9(same size as inside) to someone in this forum and it cost me around 4 I think if I remember correctly.

My company is paying around 22 quid for 40 pounds parcels we ship to various countries in the whole Europe - DHL, granted we do have a business account and some discounts, but still.

inkpen3d
08-03-2015, 03:21 AM
No idea what carrier you guys are using but I remember sending Lightning v9(same size as inside) to someone in this forum and it cost me around 4 I think if I remember correctly.

My company is paying around 22 quid for 40 pounds parcels we ship to various countries in the whole Europe - DHL, granted we do have a business account and some discounts, but still.

I simply went onto the Royal Mail web site and found the cheapest price for an item of that weight (~2Kg) + a bit to cover the cost of the packaging. I must admit I didn't spend a lot of time hunting down a cheaper courier - life's too short. ;)

50one
08-03-2015, 04:23 AM
I simply went onto the Royal Mail web site and found the cheapest price for an item of that weight (~2Kg) + a bit to cover the cost of the packaging. I must admit I didn't spend a lot of time hunting down a cheaper courier - life's too short. ;)

Bloody hell! You might sell is a door stopper on ebay then lol