PDA

View Full Version : Texturing game assets - UV Mapping help

SarahP
07-31-2015, 05:19 AM
I know the basics of UV mapping already but I came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnbK-K7Ids but I can't understand it because it is so quiet and I am deaf so it is even more difficult for me. He used a lot of shortcuts, which seems very useful for me. Can someone help me and tell me what shortcuts he used?

Thanks in advance :)

prometheus
07-31-2015, 05:56 AM
I know the basics of UV mapping already but I came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnbK-K7Ids but I can't understand it because it is so quiet and I am deaf so it is even more difficult for me. He used a lot of shortcuts, which seems very useful for me. Can someone help me and tell me what shortcuts he used?

Thanks in advance :)

can you specify in time where those actions are done that is of interest for you, itīs a bit difficult for us to follow exactly when and what you are refering to.

SarahP
07-31-2015, 07:18 AM
How did he make the whole building as one surface, select one part of it, make UV and copy and paste to other selections of the building?

MonroePoteet
07-31-2015, 08:27 AM
At 2:46, he says he uses Alt-C to copy and Alt-V to paste, but my V11.6.3 modeler doesn't have those shortcuts defined, so he probably used Edit=>Edit Keyboard Shortcuts to assign them to the Copy UVs and Paste UVs commands, respectively. He also says that you sometimes have to do the paste twice, since there's a bug that messes up the UV paste for the first paste. He selects the entire ring on the building using right-arrow.

mTp

SarahP
07-31-2015, 08:55 AM
At 2:46, he says he uses Alt-C to copy and Alt-V to paste, but my V11.6.3 modeler doesn't have those shortcuts defined, so he probably used Edit=>Edit Keyboard Shortcuts to assign them to the Copy UVs and Paste UVs commands, respectively. He also says that you sometimes have to do the paste twice, since there's a bug that messes up the UV paste for the first paste. He selects the entire ring on the building using right-arrow.

mTp
Yay, thank you :D Yeah, shortcuts weren't assigned either. I found them and assigned to Alt+C and Alt+V. Now I wonder why I couldn't understand him ha! :) Thank you for telling me about the bug, I came across it too and wondered if I was doing something wrong.