PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Powers Lattice Deformer

DCjr
07-29-2015, 02:12 AM
I had a question about this tool.

I want to use a deformer on an eyeball to squash it. But I want to be able to rotate the eyeball too. Not the deformer, but the eyeball mesh inside the deformer.

Can it do this? The eyeball will rotate yet maintain its shape, The shape does not rotate.

Thanks

lertola2
07-29-2015, 05:13 AM
Yes

ianr
07-29-2015, 06:52 AM
Shure Can, now dust off the reels of Chuck Jones
genius work you now have a path to Shock Faces
banging toes & thumbs lots of Tom& Jerry-isms.

erikals
07-29-2015, 07:33 AM
you could try this also >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZxRoAauTg

but overall for stretch/squash for cartoons 3rd Powers Lattice Deformer is the way to go...

Ryan Roye
07-29-2015, 07:38 AM
Something to keep in mind for now is that there's currently a bug with the lattice deformer that prevents you from using weight maps on those lattices inbetween sessions (you have to re-assign them every time). I observed this on LW windows versions 11.6.3 and 2015.

VermilionCat
07-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Ryan, it seems that problem exsits in LW itself. For example Effector Deformer suffers this issue, too. I have to reassign the weight every time. I managed to fix this by moving around items in Scene Editor but not quite sure what exactly causes this...

Ryan Roye
07-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Ryan, it seems that problem exsits in LW itself.

The cage deformer does not have this error, so hopefully they can find a way to get around it using the same or similar solution they used for it on the lattice deformer.

DCjr
07-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Shure Can, now dust off the reels of Chuck Jones
genius work you now have a path to Shock Faces
banging toes & thumbs lots of Tom& Jerry-isms.

Thats the idea! Hah!

DCjr
07-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info. So when you say each session, do you mean that if I save the file and reload it it loses the connection?

DCjr
07-29-2015, 12:35 PM
you could try this also >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZxRoAauTg

but overall for stretch/squash for cartoons 3rd Powers Lattice Deformer is the way to go...

That was a great tutorial! I wish William Vaughan was still making tuts for Newtek.

erikals
07-29-2015, 03:15 PM
yes, he has made many super ones http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

link to his tutorials during LW8 / LW9 >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?125893-LightWave-Training-just-a-list&p=1356711&viewfull=1#post1356711

VermilionCat
07-30-2015, 12:45 AM
The cage deformer does not have this error, so hopefully they can find a way to get around it using the same or similar solution they used for it on the lattice deformer.

I see. I remember Syflex had this problem, too. There must be something the developers miss.

Ryan Roye
07-30-2015, 08:05 AM
I see. I remember Syflex had this problem, too. There must be something the developers miss.

Expect a fix for the lattice deformer reasonably soon, the 3rd powers dev notified me that they fixed the issue and provided me with a test build that eliminates the problem. Quite convenient too, I'm actually currently working on a bunch of weighted lattices in a scene and it just saved me a lot of time :)

By the way, Syflex no longer has any weight map issues that I'm aware of. One important quirk to be know about though is that Syflex weights ignore Lightwave's percentage values... so even a weight map with a 0% value will "hold" something; you have to use the "clear map" function to erase weights completely.

jeric_synergy
07-30-2015, 10:19 AM
By the way, Syflex no longer has any weight map issues that I'm aware of. One important quirk to be know about though is that Syflex weights ignore Lightwave's percentage values... so even a weight map with a 0% value will "hold" something; you have to use the "clear map" function to erase weights completely.
Gems scattering from your keyboard... :thumbsup:

mataori
08-02-2015, 02:10 AM
Lattice Deformer is updated.

ianr
08-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Great service..... Matori:rock::rock: