PDA

View Full Version : DataLink Formatting, text box behavior and/or Respecting Layers when rendering

rosmith
07-21-2015, 04:16 PM
The reason for and history of this request can be found here:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?147332-How-to-limit-characters-from-live-time-data-to-just-show-seconds-%28not-minutes%29

In summary, I'm trying to bring data in from a Nevco scoreboard into a TriCaster Mini with Advanced Edition. The problem lies in the shot clock data which Nevco provides in the format of "0:30". I want to be able to show the seconds only (e.g. 30) and omit the "0:".

Possible solutions:

1. One solution would be to allow for format control of DataLink key names. In this case, to control the number of digits to displayed (last two).
2. I tried creating a text box that would right justify and sizing it to allow for only two digits to show. The problem was that as the box became smaller it kept the digits from left to right instead of right to left. So it eliminated the seconds but not the minute and colon, just the opposite of what I needed. One solution would be to change the behavior of right-justified text boxes.
3. In LiveText, I tried to create a graphic box to place on top of the text box containing the DataLink key name for the shot clock data so that it covered the "0:" and showed only the seconds of the fixed width font. However, when I sent the graphic to the live environment, it moved the graphic box below the text box. So, another solution would be for the order of the layers in LiveText to be retained in the live environment.

Hoping one of those fixes can be implemented soon.

kanep
07-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Number 3 on that list should work. I just made a DataLink field in LiveText (time in my case), put a green box on top of it and sent to the TriCaster and it kept the layers in the correct order. There are buttons in LiveText (Arrange > Forward and Backwards) that will allow you to adjust the layer order.

----

I see from another post you are talking about Advanced Edition's DataLink. I was doing the above test using LiveText/DataLink.

rosmith
07-24-2015, 05:57 PM
I see from another post you are talking about Advanced Edition's DataLink. I was doing the above test using LiveText/DataLink.

Thanks for the clarification. The process does work if LiveText and DataLink are running on a separate computer connected to a network. The problem exists in TriCaster Mini because LiveText and DataLink are on the Mini. The process changes a bit in the Mini so that the text fields are editable in the Mini live environment. When you send the graphic from LiveText to the Mini's live environment, the text fields are brought to the top level, presumably so that they are editable in the live environment.

SBowie
07-24-2015, 06:11 PM
I have posted a bug report in connection with this problem.