PDA

View Full Version : Still can't get AE interchange to Work….HELP

Columbo24
07-20-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm still trying to get the AE interchange going. From I/O in Layout I click on send to AE. It opens in AE and there's nothing there. When I click on settings ,in layout under Send to AE,it's going to the AE app. The first thing in the AE folder, the actual app file. Is this where it should go? I read in one of your links it's supposed to point to the .exe file of AfterEffects. More importantly I want to send tracking info to Layout. I need somewhere in AE to say go to Lightwave, but there's no mention iof this under export. What file do I need to add to get After Effects to recognize LW. There's nothing in my AE 11.0 that mentions LW. I have LW 11.6. I saw the video for AE11.5 but in his AE interchange yo go to export and it says go to Lightwave again I don't have this. Help?
Bill

tayotain2
07-20-2015, 06:15 PM
I'm still trying to get the AE interchange going. From I/O in Layout I click Foon send to AE. It opens in AE and there's nothing there. When I click on settings ,in layout under Send to AE,it's going to the AE app. The first thing in the AE folder, the actual app file. Is this where it should go? I read in one of your links it's supposed to point to the .exe file of AfterEffects. More importantly I want to send tracking info to Layout. I need somewhere in AE to say go to Lightwave, but there's no mention iof this under export. What file do I need to add to get After Effects to recognize LW. There's nothing in my AE 11.0 that mentions LW. I have LW 11.6. I saw the video for AE11.5 but in his AE interchange yo go to export and it says go to Lightwave again I don't have this. Help?
Bill

You need to copy the script file from lw folder to AE plugins. Dont remember the path but it should be on manual.

Greenlaw
07-20-2015, 07:07 PM
First you need to copy the .aex to the After Effects Plugin directory.

Next you need to be sure Enable Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network in AE's Preferrences. This allows AE to talk to Lightwave so you can send the camera and nulls.

Finally, you need to be sure your AE layers are set to 3D. If they're still 2D, there is nothing to send to LightWave.

The 'Send to Lightwave' command is actually called 'Send Selected Layers to LightWave. You can find it under File > Export > Send Selected Layers to LightWave.

Hope this helps.