PDA

View Full Version : Longer Walk Cycle

Rion411
12-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi, I have a walk cycle for a character that only goes up to 33 key frames. Is there a way to copy those KF's so I can extend the cycle to keep going over even more KF's. Maybe with the graph editor? Please help if you can.

thanks

FenrirWolf
12-04-2003, 06:49 PM
Well, yeah you could use the graph editor, but that would be messy.

You should really think about using Motion Mixer instead, however. It supports things like pre/post behavior such as looping, blending, etc.

Rion411
12-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Can you give me some tips or an example of how I might go about this? I don't know much about motion mixer.

thanks

hrgiger
12-04-2003, 09:06 PM
You should have gotten a small paper manual to explain motion mixer with your Lightwave 7.

Rion411
12-04-2003, 09:41 PM
thanks for the help! it works great.

Rion411
12-04-2003, 09:56 PM
one thing I just noticed. I am using repeat and the legs keep moving but the arms stop swaying.

SplineGod
12-06-2003, 03:48 AM
Rion,
Once you have your walk cycle working and properly cycling set the post behavior to repeat on those channels on every item youve animated in the graph editor.
You can even create a favorite set for those channels above the channel bin to always be able to pull up those channels.

This will make the character cycle for as many frames as you have.
In the graph editor there are two small gray handles under the graph. Set those to encompass how many frames you wish it to cycle for. You can then BAKE those channels by hitting the b key while having them selected in the channel bin. They can be filtered to reduce the keyframes pretty easily too.

You can even select every bone on your character and throw every channel of every bone into the channel bin. You can also add every channel of every goal object into there at the same time. You can set the graph editor to filter out static envelopes so that only the channels with keyframes show up.

At that point its easy to tell the curves for all those channels to repeat and you can set your range and bake. Once you bake you can filter the number of keyframes down. This is very quick to do and I do it all the time. Its also easy to slide the timing around on things. I would take the time to learn the graph editor.

Rion411
12-07-2003, 03:47 PM
thanks for all the tips