PDA

View Full Version : Substance integration?

libneon
07-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Any word on Substance integration with Lightwave?

This thread made it seem like Newtek would have to request it: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=5116.0

Has anything been mentioned anywhere regarding this?

graviel
07-17-2015, 03:30 AM
This shouldn't be too complicated from a technical point of view. I hope Newtek looks into it. It is possible to load painter's maps in LW's nodal, but native support for substances would be quite beneficial.

Marander
07-17-2015, 07:23 AM
This (or generally PBR integration) is a killer criteria for me to upgrade LW. I would also pay instantly for a 3rd party plugin. Substance tools are so cool and I love to get their monthly drops. Allegorithmic is an awesome company.

libneon
07-17-2015, 10:55 AM
I guess the answer is to contact Newtek then. https://www.lightwave3d.com/contact/

I'm surprised it hasn't been put in place already since the Allegorithmic guys seem willing if Newtek shows interest.

robertoortiz
07-17-2015, 11:08 AM
The problem is that NT is right in the middle of a mayor overhaul of their codebase. Would it be a good idea to implement this, just to have it break in a future releases?

libneon
07-17-2015, 11:21 AM
The problem is that NT is right in the middle of a mayor overhaul of their codebase. Would it be a good idea to implement this, just to have it break in a future releases?

Well...without derailing this thread...the code has been in "overhaul" since all the CORE stuff. But anyway, it seems the answer is still for Newtek to get in touch with Allegorithmic. I did contact Newtek via their contact form and let them know I'm asking for it. That's all we can do but Substance already supports all the other major 3D packages...no reason for Lightwave to fall behind in another area when Allegorithmic seems willing.

hrgiger
07-18-2015, 02:37 AM
Its been brought up more then a few times. No response from LW3DG.

libneon
07-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Its been brought up more then a few times. No response from LW3DG.

Well, that's unfortunate.

Just keep requesting it I suppose. I don't know why there is no feedback from Newtek on things like this.

spherical
07-18-2015, 03:42 PM
I checked the LW - Feature Requests forum and it is only mentioned twice; and then only in threads about other topics -- not in its own thread. If you want some traction for something, generate threads in that forum and submit a Feature Request through the Bug System. Posting in other forums and mentioning something within other threads isn't going to be seen by the Devs. Heck, I don't know if they even look at the LW - Feature Requests forum, but it's chances are better there than everywhere else.

libneon
07-18-2015, 09:04 PM
I checked the LW - Feature Requests forum and it is only mentioned twice; and then only in threads about other topics -- not in its own thread. If you want some traction for something, generate threads in that forum and submit a Feature Request through the Bug System. Posting in other forums and mentioning something within other threads isn't going to be seen by the Devs. Heck, I don't know if they even look at the LW - Feature Requests forum, but it's chances are better there than everywhere else.

I did send them a contact form submission under "feature requests" and got an autoresponse regarding it. I would only suggest other people that want it do the same.

JohnMarchant
09-07-2015, 04:12 AM
We can only wish. I just got Substance Indie, their monthly pay and then own system is a great idea.