PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave to Zbrush causes corrupt polys.... what can i do?

stylus10
07-15-2015, 11:23 AM
128927i am GoZ transferring geometry from lightwave to zbrush and i end up with this... does anyone know what's happening? Is there some way i can prepare my polys in lightwave to make the transfer better? thank you for all your help. d.

m.d.
07-15-2015, 01:40 PM
is your model subpatched? looks like it's on in modeller, zbrush of course will convert to polys so may not be 100% matching...try either freezing mesh or turn off subpatch before export....see if that fixes it

stylus10
07-15-2015, 02:04 PM
i have made some forward progress. in the random flipping of switches i did hit freeze along with some others that may have contributed. i got frustrated and let my empiricism flag a bit. but i will remember that. thanks for the hints, i will check them out now.

Sensei
07-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Generally,
Open Numeric window, Statistis window, and Layer window all the time on the right side of Modeler. Shrink main window to fit them. This will make easier working.
If you will have Polygon mode set,
in Statistis you will see whether you have some 1 point polygons, 2 point polygons, or >4 point polygons (n-gons)..
To get rid of them, Merge Points, Unify Polys, then press + in Statistis window 1/2 points polys and delete them.